The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV NED scan schudule

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage IV NED scan schudule

Participant

I am now 6+ years NED after mets to brain, lungs and small intestine.  Both brain MRI and body CT + blood work were negative today.  So I'm moving to scans every 6 months from every 3/4 months.  Onc said one factor was that I've never "failed" a treatment – mets were surgically removed (brain met followed up with GammaKnife).  It seems there are no standard protocols for long term stage IV survivors – it's an individual decision between patient and doc.  At ten years, we'll revist (knock on wood).

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

Way to go Randy!! May you always remain NED! Best thoughts always.

Barb

sister of patient
          Participant

Barb

sister of patient
            Participant

Barb

youngann
              Participant

Excellent news. Here's to NED forever!

HopefulOne
                  Participant

Congratulations!! So happy to read your story. 

HopefulOne
                    Participant

HopefulOne
                      Participant

youngann
                      Participant

youngann
                        Participant

jamieth29
                          Participant
                            That’s awesome Randy hope Ned for rest of your long life!
                            jamieth29
                            Participant
                              jamieth29
                              Participant
                                JoshF
                                Participant

Heck yeah Randy! Not going to lie, I'm jealous but also thrilled for you. Always great to hear stories like this and see someone who beats this crap!! God bless you!!

Josh

JoshF
                                  Participant

Heck yeah Randy! Not going to lie, I'm jealous but also thrilled for you. Always great to hear stories like this and see someone who beats this crap!! God bless you!!

Josh

JoshF
                                    Participant

Josh

sweetaugust
                                      Participant

So happy for you Randy!  Congrats on doing so great?  Love hearing it!  All the best to you, Laurie

sweetaugust
                                        Participant

So happy for you Randy!  Congrats on doing so great?  Love hearing it!  All the best to you, Laurie

sweetaugust
                                          Participant

Kim K
                                            Participant

Best of luck.  I also just made 6 years NED from a lung and chest muscle met.  I was recently fired by both oncologists because I was sooooo boring.  Basically they said, call us if you need us or have any symptoms that concern you.

My follow up was as follows:

Post IL-2 scan = NED, follow up with PET/CT, brain MRI, chest CT 3 months later.  Repeat every 4 months x 3, then moved to every 6 months for the next 2 years which brings me up to now.  No more scans.  In my case though, I had very very slow creepy crawly disease.  The lung surgery and IL-2 took care of everything.

Kim K
                                              Participant

Best of luck.  I also just made 6 years NED from a lung and chest muscle met.  I was recently fired by both oncologists because I was sooooo boring.  Basically they said, call us if you need us or have any symptoms that concern you.

Post IL-2 scan = NED, follow up with PET/CT, brain MRI, chest CT 3 months later.  Repeat every 4 months x 3, then moved to every 6 months for the next 2 years which brings me up to now.  No more scans.  In my case though, I had very very slow creepy crawly disease.  The lung surgery and IL-2 took care of everything.

Kim K
                                                Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics