The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV 6 years

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage IV 6 years

Participant

This week is the 6th anniversary of being told I am stage IV.  With my latest 2 brain mets 2 weeks ago I'd like to hope that I'm NED but am realistic. 

The day we came home after the SRS we called our son and confirmed that we were going to Disney World.  Leaving in the morning and can't wait to watch our grandaughter (she is 2 1/2) be excited to meet her idols – Mickey and Minnie. 

This week we are not letting melanoma get in our way of having a great time.

Linda

This week is the 6th anniversary of being told I am stage IV.  With my latest 2 brain mets 2 weeks ago I'd like to hope that I'm NED but am realistic. 

The day we came home after the SRS we called our son and confirmed that we were going to Disney World.  Leaving in the morning and can't wait to watch our grandaughter (she is 2 1/2) be excited to meet her idols – Mickey and Minnie. 

This week we are not letting melanoma get in our way of having a great time.

Linda

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

6 years is great! I pray that you are NED. Have a great time at Disney!!!!

Linny
          Participant

Linny
            Participant

susanr
              Participant

Good for You !!!!! Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

susanr
                Participant

susanr
                  Participant

CarolA
                    Participant

Linda – what a wonderful post!   Have a wonderful time.   I have some friends that are there this week, too, with their grandchildren (no grandchildren for me…."yet"…. )   

I am at 7 years, Stage III, you might recall that we shared issues of melanoma in our breast.    I just had a CT scan and MRI one week ago tomorrow.   I go on July 10 for the results and hopefully then I will graduate to a one-year plan of oncologist visit.   In seven years, I have been there every 6 months, or less.  ( I'm not really telling you anything new, just sharing this for other readers).   

I am just so happy for you to have this wonderful outlook and this opportunity to go to Disney with your family!   You have shared SO much with so many here.   I ahve kind of faded into lurking, mostly.   I admire your continuing generosity to share with other melanoma warriors.   You are a very special warrior, Linda.   God bless.

CarolA 

CarolA
                      Participant

Linda – what a wonderful post!   Have a wonderful time.   I have some friends that are there this week, too, with their grandchildren (no grandchildren for me…."yet"…. )   

I am at 7 years, Stage III, you might recall that we shared issues of melanoma in our breast.    I just had a CT scan and MRI one week ago tomorrow.   I go on July 10 for the results and hopefully then I will graduate to a one-year plan of oncologist visit.   In seven years, I have been there every 6 months, or less.  ( I'm not really telling you anything new, just sharing this for other readers).   

I am just so happy for you to have this wonderful outlook and this opportunity to go to Disney with your family!   You have shared SO much with so many here.   I ahve kind of faded into lurking, mostly.   I admire your continuing generosity to share with other melanoma warriors.   You are a very special warrior, Linda.   God bless.

CarolA 

CarolA
                        Participant

CarolA 

aldakota22
                          Participant

Great news.Like they say You Go Girl.Want to be here in six more years reading your post of 12 year anniversary.Will keep you in my prayers as I do all the others on this site.  Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Great news.Like they say You Go Girl.Want to be here in six more years reading your post of 12 year anniversary.Will keep you in my prayers as I do all the others on this site.  Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

BethA in VA
                                Participant

Good for you!  Hope for NED but best of all have a wonderful time with your family.  That's what is really important!!

BethA in VA
                                  Participant

Good for you!  Hope for NED but best of all have a wonderful time with your family.  That's what is really important!!

Irish girl
                                      Participant
                                        Congrats Linda what a good post.. Tks for sharing x
                                        Irish girl
                                        Participant
                                          Irish girl
                                          Participant
                                          BethA in VA
                                          Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Go my Lady friend, Go!!!

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Go my Lady friend, Go!!!

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Go my Lady friend, Go!!!

James from Sydney
                                                  Participant

Hey Linda, just keep living your life and i'm sure you'll meet NED soon.

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                                    Participant

best wishes

James

NYKaren
                                                        Participant

Hi Linda,

I know you will all have an amazing time…drink plenty of fluids, it's HOT there! 

Love,

karen

NYKaren
                                                          Participant

Hi Linda,

I know you will all have an amazing time…drink plenty of fluids, it's HOT there! 

Love,

karen

NYKaren
                                                            Participant

Hi Linda,

Love,

karen

James from Sydney
                                                            Participant

best wishes

James

triciad
                                                              Participant

Linda-

You truly are an amazing woman…congratulations!  Have a wonderful time at Disney and enjoy the family.  You have been such an inspiration to me over the years…God speed qand prayers for NED!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                Participant

Linda-

You truly are an amazing woman…congratulations!  Have a wonderful time at Disney and enjoy the family.  You have been such an inspiration to me over the years…God speed qand prayers for NED!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                  Participant

Linda-

Tricia

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics