The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 4 NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 4 NED

Participant

I still browse this forum since it helped me through many difficult times. Just wanted to pop in and say that it is officially 8 years now of being NED at Stage 4. There is hope out there, but NED doesn't take away all the worry about recurrance. I'm living life differntly than I was before, and starting to feel that i do have a future. Still in my mind that I may not have a long future, but making evry day count with the grandkids and family now!

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        blessd4x
        Participant

God Bless you!  So good to read a hopeful post.  I hope my stage IV husband will be where you are one day.  Enjoy each day! 

R

blessd4x
          Participant

God Bless you!  So good to read a hopeful post.  I hope my stage IV husband will be where you are one day.  Enjoy each day! 

R

blessd4x
            Participant

R

youngann
              Participant

Thank you!

youngann
                Participant

Thank you!

youngann
                  Participant

Thank you!

Randy437
                    Participant

I have been stage IV for 6 years and understand your feelings.  I give thanks for my good fortune but it's also in my head that I'm just once scan away from starting all over (though with much better treatment options).  While I don't want to leave the planet early, I take some comfort knowing that since I was first diagnosed I've been able to walk both of my daughters down the aisle and now have grandsons.  So if I'm run over by a bus tomorrow, it's still been a pretty good run.

Randy437
                      Participant

I have been stage IV for 6 years and understand your feelings.  I give thanks for my good fortune but it's also in my head that I'm just once scan away from starting all over (though with much better treatment options).  While I don't want to leave the planet early, I take some comfort knowing that since I was first diagnosed I've been able to walk both of my daughters down the aisle and now have grandsons.  So if I'm run over by a bus tomorrow, it's still been a pretty good run.

Randy437
                        Participant

sister of patient
                          Participant

Hi "Dodged" – so pleased for you and hope you enjoy many more years of NED!!! All the best!

Barb

sister of patient
                            Participant

Hi "Dodged" – so pleased for you and hope you enjoy many more years of NED!!! All the best!

Barb

sister of patient
                              Participant

Barb

kpcollins31
                                Participant

Congratulations! 8 years is quite the milestone.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                  Participant

Kevin

dodgedh2
                                      Participant

Thanks for the good thoughts. I'm starting to get anxious again because there have been a number of other mel warriors that were NED and received bad news around their 10 year milestone. I'm keeping positive, but the thoughts never completely go away.

dodgedh2
                                        Participant

Thanks for the good thoughts. I'm starting to get anxious again because there have been a number of other mel warriors that were NED and received bad news around their 10 year milestone. I'm keeping positive, but the thoughts never completely go away.

dodgedh2
                                          Participant

kpcollins31
                                          Participant

Kevin

DZnDef
                                            Participant

Congratulations, Dodgedh2!  That is cause for celebration!  Try not to worry too much.  Any one of us could be hit by a bus or slip in the shower.  No guarantee melanoma will be the thing to take us out.  Just enjoy being alive each day you are alive.  No one's future is certain.  Now is all we have.  Don't miss out on it worrying about something  that hasn't happened and possibly never will.  Best to you!

DZnDef
                                              Participant

Congratulations, Dodgedh2!  That is cause for celebration!  Try not to worry too much.  Any one of us could be hit by a bus or slip in the shower.  No guarantee melanoma will be the thing to take us out.  Just enjoy being alive each day you are alive.  No one's future is certain.  Now is all we have.  Don't miss out on it worrying about something  that hasn't happened and possibly never will.  Best to you!

DZnDef
                                                Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics