The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 4-Keytruda

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 4-Keytruda

Participant

I was advised  January 2016 that I had stage 3c melonoma. They surgically removed the tumor from the back of my arm and 10 lymph nodes from my arm pit. I than had 4 infusions of yervoy. I had 1 petscan in July of 2016 that was clean and my recent petscan in December 2016 showed the return to my lungs and armpit. Dr. immediately put me on Keytruda and so far I have had 1 infusion. No side effects yet and going for my 2nd infusion next week? 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Patrisa
        Participant

Dear Steven,

could wery well be that you will experience no side effects from keytruda and still have a great response….

My father has developed some minor vitiligo after 6 months on keytruda and some fatigue but not noticable in every day activities, just when he is exercising, so nothing really

Don't be worried that the drug might not be working if there aren't any side effects popping up!

Hoping for some great results!

Take care,

Patrisa

Patrisa
          Participant

Dear Steven,

could wery well be that you will experience no side effects from keytruda and still have a great response….

My father has developed some minor vitiligo after 6 months on keytruda and some fatigue but not noticable in every day activities, just when he is exercising, so nothing really

Don't be worried that the drug might not be working if there aren't any side effects popping up!

Take care,

Patrisa

Patrisa
            Participant

Dear Steven,

Take care,

Patrisa

stevenallenschwartz
                Participant

Patrisa-Thanks for your response. Glad to hear that I can feel ok and the Keytruda is kicking butt! Best for the New Year.

stevenallenschwartz
                  Participant

Patrisa-Thanks for your response. Glad to hear that I can feel ok and the Keytruda is kicking butt! Best for the New Year.

stevenallenschwartz
                    Participant

Patina
                    Participant

Hi,

My Mom has had 23 infusions of Keytruda and all she has had was small red bumps (like a rash, but not itchy) and vitiligo.

Patients that get vitiligo, which usually turns up within 90 to 120 days, tend to do much better than others.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Patrisa
                        Participant

Hey Patina,

just a quick Q, what if you develop vitiligo after 120 days? For my father it happened around 6 months after his first dose…Does he not qualify as a good respoder?

Thank you for your reply…

Patrisa

Patrisa
                          Participant

Hey Patina,

just a quick Q, what if you develop vitiligo after 120 days? For my father it happened around 6 months after his first dose…Does he not qualify as a good respoder?

Patrisa

Patrisa
                            Participant

Hey Patina,

Patrisa

Patina
                            Participant

Hi,

My Mom has had 23 infusions of Keytruda and all she has had was small red bumps (like a rash, but not itchy) and vitiligo.

Patients that get vitiligo, which usually turns up within 90 to 120 days, tend to do much better than others.

Patina
                              Participant

Hi,

Jahendry12
                                Participant

My husband was on Keytruda and experienced the rash, vitiligo, and unfortunately colitis (but they didn't call it colitis).  He stopped treatment after about 7 treatments as the tumor they were watching disappeared ๐Ÿ™‚

We too, were told by the doctor that folks that experienced vitligo had a better response. 

Best of luck to you.  Keep us posted.

Jahendry12
                                  Participant

My husband was on Keytruda and experienced the rash, vitiligo, and unfortunately colitis (but they didn't call it colitis).  He stopped treatment after about 7 treatments as the tumor they were watching disappeared ๐Ÿ™‚

We too, were told by the doctor that folks that experienced vitligo had a better response. 

Jahendry12
                                    Participant

ed williams
                                      Participant

Weber talking about Vitiligo at 31:30 mark of video,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysbSCeqJpq0 best wishes!!!Ed

ed williams
                                        Participant

Weber talking about Vitiligo at 31:30 mark of video,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysbSCeqJpq0 best wishes!!!Ed

ed williams
                                          Participant

stevenallenschwartz
                                              Participant

Can it be? I just returned from my oncologist who said the tumor in my right armpit could not be felt. I have only had 1 infusion of Keytruda and am due for my next treatment this coming Monday.

maperny
                                                Participant

Yes!!!! It could be!  That is wondeful!

maperny
                                                  Participant

stevenallenschwartz
                                                    Participant

Had my second infusion of Keytruda today. Hoping for no reaction and the immuno to work!

stevenallenschwartz
                                                      Participant

Had my second infusion of Keytruda today. Hoping for no reaction and the immuno to work!

stevenallenschwartz
                                                        Participant

maperny
                                                          Participant

stevenallenschwartz
                                                            Participant

Can it be? I just returned from my oncologist who said the tumor in my right armpit could not be felt. I have only had 1 infusion of Keytruda and am due for my next treatment this coming Monday.

stevenallenschwartz
                                                              Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics