The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 3B – 2 years NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 3B – 2 years NED

Participant
      I very rarely post, but check in regularly. I’m sending good mojo to everyone in their battle with the beast. I’m happy to say that I reached my 2 year NED mark in September with help from Vanderbilt and the 10mg ipi trial. I only had 3 infusions before my pituitary couldn’t take it though. I now move to 6 month scans woo hoo!!

To everyone fighting..strength to those whose fight is over…peace

Rusty

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant
          Excellent… Wish you continued good health!
          SABKLYN
          Participant
            SABKLYN
            Participant
              Kim41
              Participant
                So glad to hear your good news. I am 3a and just celebrating 2 yrs ned. I pray for continued good health for you.
                Kim41
                Participant
                  So glad to hear your good news. I am 3a and just celebrating 2 yrs ned. I pray for continued good health for you.
                  Kim41
                  Participant
                    Tina D
                    Participant

Good news! πŸ™‚  . Just a question… I also only had 3 doses due to my pituitary. Were you able to completely taper off the prednisone? I am still on 5 but would very much like to try tapering. Dr seems reluctant abt it….

Thanks and congratualtions on your good reports πŸ™‚

Tina

rlowe
                        Participant
                          No I have not been able to come off. I was tested after 6 months to check my adrenal function, but there was nothing. They think I will have to be on prednisone forever

I am sorry to hear you have had issues too. I am just glad for no colitis. Yuk

Tina D
                          Participant

I agree… the pituitary issue wasn't too bad, esp after they got that terrible headache resolved πŸ™‚   . I am only on 5mg, which is considered replacement dosage, and I only have one adrenal gland anyway… but was hoping to taper off. Probably not too realistic,ha. Thank you…

Tina

Tina D
                            Participant

I agree… the pituitary issue wasn't too bad, esp after they got that terrible headache resolved πŸ™‚   . I am only on 5mg, which is considered replacement dosage, and I only have one adrenal gland anyway… but was hoping to taper off. Probably not too realistic,ha. Thank you…

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

rlowe
                                Participant
                                  No I have not been able to come off. I was tested after 6 months to check my adrenal function, but there was nothing. They think I will have to be on prednisone forever

rlowe
                                  Participant

Tina D
                                  Participant

Good news! πŸ™‚  . Just a question… I also only had 3 doses due to my pituitary. Were you able to completely taper off the prednisone? I am still on 5 but would very much like to try tapering. Dr seems reluctant abt it….

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Tina

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics