The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stable Scans Again!

Forums General Melanoma Community Stable Scans Again!

Participant

Hi to everyone. I haven't been on the board much since the new format was instituted, but think of this wonderful community often. I am a stage IV survivor, diagnosed stage IV over three years ago.

Hi to everyone. I haven't been on the board much since the new format was instituted, but think of this wonderful community often. I am a stage IV survivor, diagnosed stage IV over three years ago.

Wanted to share my good news with you all. I had my four month scans this week and everything remains stable, no new growths. Just a few relatively small tumors hanging out in my lung and right adrenal gland, not growing and not causing any problems. I feel so blessed! For those of you who don't know or remember me, I am one of the very few people who responded to soreafinib/Nexavar. I have been on a full dose of the medication for over three years now.

Thanks to all on this board who continue to share their experiences and hope with our community!

Eileen L

Stage IV

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Stable for 3 years! How wonderful!!  You sure bring hope to many!!

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Stable for 3 years! How wonderful!!  You sure bring hope to many!!

Linda

MaryD
            Participant

Fantastic news Eileen!   Thanks for sharing the good news and wishing you many more stable scans . .

Best regards,

Mary

MaryD
              Participant

Fantastic news Eileen!   Thanks for sharing the good news and wishing you many more stable scans . .

Best regards,

Mary

killmel
                Participant

Hi

Great news

I read your history are you still taking supplement regime:green tea extract/mushroom combo, 10 grams of Omega 3, 8,000 mg curcumin, and 5.000 IU of Vitamin D on a daily basis. Does yourdoctors  think that it has difference?/

Hope for many more years of stability & NED for you.

killmel
                  Participant

Hi

Great news

I read your history are you still taking supplement regime:green tea extract/mushroom combo, 10 grams of Omega 3, 8,000 mg curcumin, and 5.000 IU of Vitamin D on a daily basis. Does yourdoctors  think that it has difference?/

Hope for many more years of stability & NED for you.

Eileen L
                      Participant

Thanks for your good wishes.

As far as the supplements are concerned, I still take them. Haven't been as vigilant recently as I have been in the past, haven't been very consistent! As far as my doctors are concerned, they don't believe the supplements do any good but are OK with me taking them.

Eileen L
                        Participant

Thanks for your good wishes.

As far as the supplements are concerned, I still take them. Haven't been as vigilant recently as I have been in the past, haven't been very consistent! As far as my doctors are concerned, they don't believe the supplements do any good but are OK with me taking them.

James from Sydney
                        Participant

Hi Eileen

great to hear your still going strong. It shows that even though some drugs have low stats for success there is always someone belonging in that small percentage. 

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                          Participant

Hi Eileen

great to hear your still going strong. It shows that even though some drugs have low stats for success there is always someone belonging in that small percentage. 

best wishes

James

jag
                            Participant

Very happy for you Eileen, we hope to hear many more negative scan reports in the future.

Best

John

jag
                              Participant

Very happy for you Eileen, we hope to hear many more negative scan reports in the future.

Best

John

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Great tohear from you and even greater to hear the great news.  Show it how, Gal!

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Great tohear from you and even greater to hear the great news.  Show it how, Gal!

King
                                    Participant

Eileen,

Great to hear from you and especially good to hear the news!  I know you will celebrate and don't take it for granted.  I'm on a 4 month scan schedule, too.

Thanks for giving hope to others.

Stay Strong
                                      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                      Participant

Eileen,

Great to hear from you and especially good to hear the news!  I know you will celebrate and don't take it for granted.  I'm on a 4 month scan schedule, too.

Thanks for giving hope to others.

Stay Strong
                                        King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Wow! Keep on going, you're doing awesome.  Is that particular drug still available?  I am happy to hear about the stage IV people out there who are still going strong. 

With love and prayers,

Shelly

Eileen L
                                          Participant

Thanks! The drug I am on is FDA approved for other cancers, so it is hypothetically available. However, since it "failed" its Phase III trial, your doctor might be reticent to prescribe it. Also, it is very costly about $7,000/month and many insurance companies in the US won't pay for it since it is not FDA approved for melanoma.

Eileen

Eileen L
                                            Participant

Thanks! The drug I am on is FDA approved for other cancers, so it is hypothetically available. However, since it "failed" its Phase III trial, your doctor might be reticent to prescribe it. Also, it is very costly about $7,000/month and many insurance companies in the US won't pay for it since it is not FDA approved for melanoma.

Eileen

Wow! Keep on going, you're doing awesome.  Is that particular drug still available?  I am happy to hear about the stage IV people out there who are still going strong. 

With love and prayers,

Shelly

Bruce in NH
                                            Participant

Hi Eileen, great news that you continue to be stable after 3 years. I just completed the 10 week ipi trial and I too am stable. I have learned that stable is good! Hang in there and keep fighting.

Bruce

Bruce in NH
                                              Participant

Hi Eileen, great news that you continue to be stable after 3 years. I just completed the 10 week ipi trial and I too am stable. I have learned that stable is good! Hang in there and keep fighting.

Bruce

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics