The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Spreading Hope – 10 years NED from Stage 4

Forums General Melanoma Community Spreading Hope – 10 years NED from Stage 4

Participant

Just doing the yearly checkin for my husband, Ken, who was 10 years NED from Stage 4 in June.  Ken is doing great and has had no significant lasting effects from the cancer or the treatment. – he is still going strong and living a normal life these days with only yearly check-ups.  It is my wish that this will give others hope that there can be long term remission from widespread disease. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        _Paul_
        Participant

That is awesome news Erica! It really does give me hope. Thanks for posting it!

_Paul_
          Participant

_Paul_
            Participant

stars
              Participant

Brilliant news, I love a good news story! Thanks so much for the update. 10 years is excellent!  Now, go back to living your lives and enjoying all that life can offer. Wishing you both lots of happy, healthy years to come!

stars
                Participant

Brilliant news, I love a good news story! Thanks so much for the update. 10 years is excellent!  Now, go back to living your lives and enjoying all that life can offer. Wishing you both lots of happy, healthy years to come!

stars
                  Participant

dentholla
                    Participant

Erica – terrific news – I love to celebrate with you and appreciate you posting to let others know there is hope and life after diagnosis.

liberty04281
                        Participant
                          Thank you for posting this, there is hope for everyone
                          liberty04281
                          Participant
                            liberty04281
                            Participant
                            dentholla
                            Participant

Erica – terrific news – I love to celebrate with you and appreciate you posting to let others know there is hope and life after diagnosis.

dentholla
                              Participant

mrsriddle
                                Participant

This is wonderful!! My husband has BRAF stage IV melanoma.  He is currently on the Tafinlar/Mek combo.  He has been on it for two months now.  Since he has been on this combo of chemo meds, his labs are all back to normal, his energy is back and no signs of toxicity.  His hemoglobin alone went from an 8.3 to 14.2 smiley  We are very hopeful that this is a good sign!  Good news to have hope!  Thanks for sharing!

mrsriddle
                                  Participant

This is wonderful!! My husband has BRAF stage IV melanoma.  He is currently on the Tafinlar/Mek combo.  He has been on it for two months now.  Since he has been on this combo of chemo meds, his labs are all back to normal, his energy is back and no signs of toxicity.  His hemoglobin alone went from an 8.3 to 14.2 smiley  We are very hopeful that this is a good sign!  Good news to have hope!  Thanks for sharing!

mrsriddle
                                    Participant

s wife
                                      Participant

Great news! So happy for you and everyone who can draw hope from your story.

thanks for posting

susannah

s wife
                                        Participant

thanks for posting

susannah

s wife
                                          Participant

thanks for posting

susannah

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics