The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Some Good News… Nodules Shrunk

Forums General Melanoma Community Some Good News… Nodules Shrunk

Participant

Hi everyone.. well, I've been pretty down the last couple of months… had to be taken off the ipi/nivo trial due to side effects and a recurrence in a lymph node in my arm. Then came the news of nodules that grew in my lungs and failed lung biopsy to determine if it was metastatic.

Had full set of scans recently, CT, PET, MRI and was going to the surgeon for a chat about VAT to have the nodules removed. I'm fully thinking they have doubled or tripled since my last scan. In he comes and says, I won't be able to operate on you… you're nodules have shruken down to pre-treatment size and some are just specs now. The emotions, feeling and gratification are indescriable.

I keep on pinching myself… I feel like I'm in a dream.

It's not a cure, I still have to have scans every 3 months…, I'm having hormone issues (Pit/Thyroid). But, I lived another day… and I am thankful to all.

Thanks to all you that have followed and helped along the way. I'm not leaving. But, will keep posting and helping others as I can.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 8 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics