The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sigmoid biopsy Possitive for Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Sigmoid biopsy Possitive for Melanoma

Participant
      Well, its nothing new for me having a biopsy coming back Melanoma, i dont even get mad at it anymore, its doing what it knows to do, infiltrate, grow and with a little Medical science & luck, die by my Surgeons trained hands! Immunal therapy isnt working so, i know it doesnt fear that anylonger, Dr Rupp on the other hand, well, they run…
      Shes gettin to be my only hope these days..
      So ya, Dr Yen my Colonoscopist (is that his title? Haha?) Said positive for Mel in the Sigmoid, roughly a couple inches, and maybe, just maybe, what was seen in my last PET & CT scan in my Jejunum was ACTUALLY the Sigmoid tumor since Yen said our intestines wind and curve so tightly it may be just an oversight, undersight to say it was the jejunum, cuz both scans didnt show Sigmoid especially 18cm “in” from the ol’ rectum…
      Anyways, if anyone has had simular situations like mine give me a reply, God only knows im not alone, or am i?
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          Hello Mike,
          Sorry to hear that. Hope the the suspicious area from the PET/CT scans and the Sigmoid tumor are on and the same, and that they can effectively cut it out. Not fun news to get. Hang in there. Warren
          marta010
          Participant
            Hi Mike – don’t have any experience with mets in this area but wanted to let you know that you’re not alone. We’re all praying for you. Wouldn’t wish surgery on anyone but if it can be surgically removed, I’d chose that option. Take care.
            Ann
            rosa1
            Participant
              Hi Mike,
              no you’re not alone, we are pretty much in the same boat with this stupid disease, but we have to keep on fighting. After being NED for 1 year, I developed a small bowel metastasis in 2017. I was rushed to the ER for the extreme pain and had to have an emergency small bowel resection. Three months prior to that, I did have scans and everything seemed to be fine or maybe they missed something, But anyway, the surgery was rough and I lost a lot weight while in the hospital, but slowly recuperated. I did complete 4 rounds of Yervoy/Opdivo after that and now I am on the Opdivo maintenance. This December will mark my 2 yrs on it. It’s tough but I know you can do it. Will be praying for you. Wishing you the best!
              Rosa
                MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Hi Rosa thanks for replying, do you remember what part of your intestine that had the liesion? And was the surgery really bad? Id think theyde just rejoin the good healthy colon and call it a day! Im so upset right now, its what next? I had my CT Guided biopsy today to my right butt cheek, dr said it was small! Like a pea! And apparently it lit up a lot larger in my scans..so, thats another biopsy that ill wait to hear good news on! ( ya right!!) Im so use to bad news it doesnt effect me anymore, i just try and keep my wits about me and look forward!!
                  rosa1
                  Participant
                    Sorry Mike but I don’t remember the part of the intestine. The surgery was pretty bad as before surgery they had to insert a NG (nasogastric) tube through the nose into the stomach, and I had to keep it on even after surgery. I had it for about four days, and I hated it with a passion. I was in the hospital for 5 days and lost about 18 lbs. I could not eat anything while wearing that awful NG tube. But i’ve Had my share of major surgeries, an open thoracotomy in 2011 and a craniotomy in 2014. I feel the thoracotomy was the worst one as far as pain level and recovery time. Second place is the small bowel resection, and the craniotomy wasn’t really bad. I have been working and still work full time through all the surgeries and treatments, and try to make the best of it. Sometimes you really feel discouraged but we have to keep going. You can do it.
                    Rosa
                  Bubbles
                  Participant
                    Sorry, Mike. But, I know you weren’t really surprised. Fingers crossed for even more answers and good results with your surgery!!!! C
                      MelanomaMike
                      Participant
                        Thank you Bubbles! Tomorows surgery “should” be in and out (outpatient type) gotta get this golfball off my side “and” i imagine Dr. Rupp will do a biopsy to my nearest lymphnodes, id day my left armpit, but, as we all learned over the years, we have so many other lymphnodes not just in usual places weve known about, throat, armpits and groin so, im sure we will talk like we do before im wheeled in…the part i HATE HATE HATE is the tracker juice they inject DIRECTLY into the tumor so they can follow on close circut TV screen (whatever its called) its trail up the lympphatic hiways to a resting point where the lymph beans are grouped! That Die BURNS!!!! But anyways, should be a breeze! Thank you all, and ill check back…
                        Bubbles
                        Participant
                          You’re right! That crap hurts!! The first time a tech was about to inject mine, he warned me that it would really hurt. In my head, I thought, “Seriously dude! I’ve been through more than you know! How bad could this be?””” WELL!!! It is not the worst thing I’ve ever experienced but it is seriously un-fun!!! Hang in there!! c
                    Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics