The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Side effect of zelboraf=sore feet

Forums General Melanoma Community Side effect of zelboraf=sore feet

Participant
      Feel very fortunate to have been on zelboraf for 7 months. The largest nodule in one of my lungs went from 3.8cm down to 4 mm in about 4 months time. Been through the arthritis like feelings that went from L wrist one day to R wrist the next day, or L fingers to R fingers and other a joints that we’re affected. The worst pain is in the balls of the feet called metatarsalgia or plantar dysesthesias as I’ve come up with by researching on the web and talking to the zelboraf nurses. A lot of running in the past and high arches in the feet I’m sure add to the problem.

Feel very fortunate to have been on zelboraf for 7 months. The largest nodule in one of my lungs went from 3.8cm down to 4 mm in about 4 months time. Been through the arthritis like feelings that went from L wrist one day to R wrist the next day, or L fingers to R fingers and other a joints that we’re affected. The worst pain is in the balls of the feet called metatarsalgia or plantar dysesthesias as I’ve come up with by researching on the web and talking to the zelboraf nurses. A lot of running in the past and high arches in the feet I’m sure add to the problem. Get some relief from anti-inflamatorys and ice. Just putting a shout out to see if anyone has experienced this foot pain or has been able to beat it. Like to stay on my feet and continue working as long as possible.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant
          Great to hear about the nodules, sorry about the pain/ discomfort. It was a little less than two years ago I had difficulty getting shoes on and walking. I ended up getting properly fitted for new shoes and sneakers. Also got some good thick socks.
          Sorry to tell you that to this day my feet still hurt but not nearly as much; some days hardly at all and some days quite a bit. At the end of a bad day, if I lay down with my feet elevated, there is some relief. Very seldom does the soreness carry over to the next morning.
          Dick
          Richard_K
          Participant
            Great to hear about the nodules, sorry about the pain/ discomfort. It was a little less than two years ago I had difficulty getting shoes on and walking. I ended up getting properly fitted for new shoes and sneakers. Also got some good thick socks.
            Sorry to tell you that to this day my feet still hurt but not nearly as much; some days hardly at all and some days quite a bit. At the end of a bad day, if I lay down with my feet elevated, there is some relief. Very seldom does the soreness carry over to the next morning.
            Dick
            Richard_K
            Participant
              Dick
              kristine
              Participant

My Husband was on Zelboraf in 2010 (clinical trial) – he has awful pain on the bottom of his right foot – it started out as feeling "on fire" and then pins and needles – and now describes it as very painful.  Now suddenly he has swelling in the right ankle – don't now if it's related, but the foot pain has been bothering him for over a year.

Richard_K
                  Participant
                    Kristine
                    For what it’s worth, my left ankle was very swollen and to a lesser extent my right ankle about 15 monhs ago. There is still very small swelling (I can see where my sock was on my leg). The heavy swelling lasted almost two months.
                    Dick
                    Richard_K
                    Participant
                      Kristine
                      For what it’s worth, my left ankle was very swollen and to a lesser extent my right ankle about 15 monhs ago. There is still very small swelling (I can see where my sock was on my leg). The heavy swelling lasted almost two months.
                      Dick
                      Richard_K
                      Participant
                        Kristine
                        Dick
                        kristine
                        Participant

Hi Dick – How long ago were you on Zelboraf and for how long?

kristine
                          Participant

Richard_K
                            Participant
                              Kristine
                              I started Zelboraf in March 2010 as part of phase II trial. I am still in the trial and still taking Zelboraf.
                              Dick
                              Richard_K
                              Participant
                                Kristine
                                I started Zelboraf in March 2010 as part of phase II trial. I am still in the trial and still taking Zelboraf.
                                Dick
                                Richard_K
                                Participant
                                  Kristine
                                  Dick
                                  kristine
                                  Participant

kristine
                                  Participant

My Husband was on Zelboraf in 2010 (clinical trial) – he has awful pain on the bottom of his right foot – it started out as feeling "on fire" and then pins and needles – and now describes it as very painful.  Now suddenly he has swelling in the right ankle – don't now if it's related, but the foot pain has been bothering him for over a year.

kristine
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics