The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sherron/ Posting for Brandon Haley for his mom Linda Haley

Forums General Melanoma Community Sherron/ Posting for Brandon Haley for his mom Linda Haley

Participant

From the information that we have been given, our optimism is fading quite quickly.  From the start of radiation 3 weeks ago, the largest of the tumors has grown 7x larger.  My dad is meeting with doctors now getting some more information, but nothing that has been said is positive.  She is on medication for the pain, and I have not been able to talk to her yet.  We all know she is a fighter, and I have no doubt that she will fight as hard as she can. 

From the information that we have been given, our optimism is fading quite quickly.  From the start of radiation 3 weeks ago, the largest of the tumors has grown 7x larger.  My dad is meeting with doctors now getting some more information, but nothing that has been said is positive.  She is on medication for the pain, and I have not been able to talk to her yet.  We all know she is a fighter, and I have no doubt that she will fight as hard as she can. 

I need some help from all of you.  I do not have her facebook password, and will not be able to post through my wife's until this evening.  Can someone please put a link on there for me? 

Also, if anyone has the web address of the online support group she is on, can you please email it to [email protected] .  I would like to make a post there on her behalf. 

Thank you for all of your support, as it is definitely needed now. 

This is from Brandon Haley, what was printed on Caring Bridge….Let's keep Linda in our thought and prayers….I cannot believe this……

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant

I wrote him…its been posted. When Linda called me the other day I assured it I would post here and on FB,

Sherron
            Participant

Sorry, Lynn, I guess I should of let you post it…It just upset me so much.  I have requested you to be my friend on Facebook…

Take Care,

Sherron
              Participant

Sorry, Lynn, I guess I should of let you post it…It just upset me so much.  I have requested you to be my friend on Facebook…

Take Care,

Sherron
                Participant

Take Care,

LynnLuc
                Participant

I wrote him…its been posted. When Linda called me the other day I assured it I would post here and on FB,

LynnLuc
                  Participant

Swanee
                    Participant

Thank you Sherron for posting this unfortunate update on Linda.

Praying now for Linda's  recovery and health to return and strength and hope to guide her family as they see her through this difficult time.  Keeping LInda and all her family in close thought and prayer.

Swanee

Swanee
                      Participant

Praying now for Linda's  recovery and health to return and strength and hope to guide her family as they see her through this difficult time.  Keeping LInda and all her family in close thought and prayer.

Swanee

Swanee
                        Participant

Swanee

awillett1991
                          Participant
                            So sorry to hear this, I will say some prayers for healing & peace.

Amy

awillett1991
                            Participant

Amy

awillett1991
                              Participant

Amy

triciad
                                Participant

Linda, 

You are a precious gem on this board.  Please know that you are in my prayers.  You are always there to offer helpful advice and a kind word to everyone.  Keep up the fight…God speed in this battle!

Tricia 

triciad
                                  Participant

Linda, 

You are a precious gem on this board.  Please know that you are in my prayers.  You are always there to offer helpful advice and a kind word to everyone.  Keep up the fight…God speed in this battle!

Tricia 

vivian
                                      Participant

Linda,

You have been an enormous source of strength and comfort to so many of us.   Please know that there are thousands of prayers in the universe being sent to you right now.   I am holding you in the light of love and peace.

Lear

vivian
                                        Participant

Linda,

You have been an enormous source of strength and comfort to so many of us.   Please know that there are thousands of prayers in the universe being sent to you right now.   I am holding you in the light of love and peace.

Lear

deardad
                                          Participant

Hi Linda,

Hang in there, keep fighting we're all here for you.

You were always there for me when my dad was fighting thank you. 

I don't know what you believe Linda, but I will say a prayer for you asking for strength and endurance through this rough time.

All my love

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                            Participant

Hi Linda,

I don't know what you believe Linda, but I will say a prayer for you asking for strength and endurance through this rough time.

All my love

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                              Participant

Hi Linda,

All my love

Nahmi from Melbourne

vivian
                                                Participant

Linda,

Lear

triciad
                                                Participant

Linda, 

Tricia 

Charlie S
                                                  Participant

Do what you do Linda, do what you do.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                                    Participant

Charlie S

NYKaren
                                                        Participant
                                                          Linda, you are such a rock for all of us.
                                                          Please G-d help our belived friend.
                                                          NYKaren
                                                          Participant
                                                            NYKaren
                                                            Participant
                                                            Charlie S
                                                            Participant

Charlie S

DeniseK
                                                              Participant
                                                                Fight Linda Fight! What about gamma knife or surgery? They’re telling me those are options if my wbr doesn’t work. Also they said swelling is sometimes normal in the beginning. Please hang in there and ask for now what options. Also didn’t you start ipi? Doesn’t that take awhile to kick in? You can do this Linda!! All my positive thoughts and energy coming your way.
                                                                All my love Denise
                                                                DeniseK
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Fight Linda Fight! What about gamma knife or surgery? They’re telling me those are options if my wbr doesn’t work. Also they said swelling is sometimes normal in the beginning. Please hang in there and ask for now what options. Also didn’t you start ipi? Doesn’t that take awhile to kick in? You can do this Linda!! All my positive thoughts and energy coming your way.
                                                                  All my love Denise
                                                                  DeniseK
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    All my love Denise
                                                                    hbecker
                                                                    Participant

Thinking of LInda, Brandon, and the rest of their family. Linda was very kind to me when we first got our diagnosis. Fight on, dear one.

hbecker
                                                                      Participant

Thinking of LInda, Brandon, and the rest of their family. Linda was very kind to me when we first got our diagnosis. Fight on, dear one.

hbecker
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics