The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sharing good news: 3 years NED, Stage IV

Forums General Melanoma Community Sharing good news: 3 years NED, Stage IV

Participant

Just wanted to share some encouraging news – I am so humbled and grateful to report that my recent scans were clear and finally made a 3 year mark without a  recurrence.

I was DX in 2001 and in 2007 moved to stage IV status via one lung met.   During the past 10 years, I've done 1 year interferon, a peptide vaccine trial, radiation, an Ipi trial for resected disease, and finally, 6 months of pulsed IL-2 treatments two years ago.

Just wanted to share some encouraging news – I am so humbled and grateful to report that my recent scans were clear and finally made a 3 year mark without a  recurrence.

I was DX in 2001 and in 2007 moved to stage IV status via one lung met.   During the past 10 years, I've done 1 year interferon, a peptide vaccine trial, radiation, an Ipi trial for resected disease, and finally, 6 months of pulsed IL-2 treatments two years ago.

Needless to say, I will never take this for granted.   Over the many years I have been on this board, there have been so many brave warriors fighting this disease with such grace and dignity  and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to the outcome.

I can only hope that this news provides hope and encouragement to all of you who are fighting this battle.   Please know my prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you . .

Best regards,

Mary

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        jimjoeb
        Participant

Love the good news stories! They give me the hope.

jimjoeb
          Participant

jimjoeb
            Participant

mom3girlsFL
              Participant

Hey Mary,

Thanks so much for posting your good news!

Congratulations!

mom3girlsFL
                Participant

Hey Mary,

Congratulations!

mom3girlsFL
                  Participant

Hey Mary,

Congratulations!

jim Breitfeller
                    Participant

Mary,

Contrats!!!!!

So your last TWO Therapies were…

Ipilimumab Then IL-2

Very Interesting to say the least.

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                      Participant

Mary,

Contrats!!!!!

Ipilimumab Then IL-2

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                        Participant

Mary,

Contrats!!!!!

Ipilimumab Then IL-2

Jimmy B

King
                          Participant

Mary,

I am so happy for you and I'm so happy to see that you posted this awesome news.  And I'm also happy that we've become east coast and west coast friends. :)))))))))))))

It's a happy night!

Stay Strong

Kathie

King
                            Participant

Mary,

I am so happy for you and I'm so happy to see that you posted this awesome news.  And I'm also happy that we've become east coast and west coast friends. :)))))))))))))

It's a happy night!

Stay Strong

Kathie

King
                              Participant

Mary,

It's a happy night!

Stay Strong

Kathie

jax2007gxp
                                Participant

Yippee!!  Congratulations on three years!  You have definitely done all the work to earn it!

Jacki

jax2007gxp
                                  Participant

Yippee!!  Congratulations on three years!  You have definitely done all the work to earn it!

Jacki

jax2007gxp
                                    Participant

Jacki

akls
                                      Participant

Such great news Mary.  Thanks for sharing!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                        Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                          Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

momof2kids
                                            Participant

I hope it continues for you with the NED…it's always great to see others getting to NED, and hope that the rest of us can hopefully get there too!

momof2kids
                                              Participant

I hope it continues for you with the NED…it's always great to see others getting to NED, and hope that the rest of us can hopefully get there too!

momof2kids
                                                Participant

ValinMtl
                                                  Participant

Mary, this is such wonderful news.  I'm doing the happy dance for you.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                                                    Participant

ValinMtl
                                                      Participant

Jim M.
                                                        Participant

Hi Mary,

That is such awesome news!!! I could always count on you to compare notes when we were on the same trial. You have been a big support for me and it's a blessing for me to know you. I will pray you stay NED.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                          Participant

Hi Mary,

That is such awesome news!!! I could always count on you to compare notes when we were on the same trial. You have been a big support for me and it's a blessing for me to know you. I will pray you stay NED.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                            Participant

Hi Mary,

God Bless,

Jim M.

NYKaren
                                                              Participant

Fantastic news, Mary.

I'm doing IL-2 after Ipi too.  also Aldera creme on my mel, which is on my face. 

I'm so happy for you, and you certainly give us all hope.

All the best,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                Participant

Fantastic news, Mary.

I'm doing IL-2 after Ipi too.  also Aldera creme on my mel, which is on my face. 

All the best,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                  Participant

Fantastic news, Mary.

All the best,

karen

KellieSue
                                                                    Participant

Congrats on your NED status!

Many more years of NED!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
                                                                      Participant

Many more years of NED!

KellieSue
                                                                        Participant

Many more years of NED!

triciad
                                                                          Participant

So happy to hear this…I just love happy stories!  May you have many decades of NED status!!!

triciad
                                                                            Participant

So happy to hear this…I just love happy stories!  May you have many decades of NED status!!!

triciad
                                                                              Participant

CKasper
                                                                                Participant

Great! Super! Wonderful!   

CKasper
                                                                                  Participant

Great! Super! Wonderful!   

CKasper
                                                                                    Participant

Great! Super! Wonderful!   

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics