The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sentinel Node Biopsy Results…Negative

Forums General Melanoma Community Sentinel Node Biopsy Results…Negative

Participant

Great news…my SNB results were negative (4 lymph nodes…all NED).

I still have to following up with my doctor for the formal staging decision, but I believe this puts me at Stage IIA…which was my greatest hope ever since my initial diagnosis on October 26th.

Great news…my SNB results were negative (4 lymph nodes…all NED).

I still have to following up with my doctor for the formal staging decision, but I believe this puts me at Stage IIA…which was my greatest hope ever since my initial diagnosis on October 26th.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone in the MRF Community that stepped in with their advice, support, encouragement, and prayers. I don't know how I could have gotten through this last month without every single one of you. I know I am not out of the woods yet, and I still need to have my heel reconstructive survery (delayed until 12/3), but this is as good a fighting start as I could have possibly hoped for…givien my initial ominous diagnosis ( Breslow's Depth 3.7mm, Clark's Level IV).

To everyone battling this beast…I wish for each and every one of you that you may awaken every morning with the strength and perseverence to give this fight your very best, and that you may find comfort and compassion when you need it most.

God bless,
      Mark (Stage IIA) from California

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        ChristineL
        Participant

Mark,

That is the best news!  I'm so glad to hear that all is clear.  Now go live your life like you mean it, and use this as your strength as you move forward.  Best wishes for your reconstruction.  May it go as well as this did!

ChristineL

ChristineL
          Participant

Mark,

That is the best news!  I'm so glad to hear that all is clear.  Now go live your life like you mean it, and use this as your strength as you move forward.  Best wishes for your reconstruction.  May it go as well as this did!

ChristineL

dian in spokane
            Participant

hey that's fantastic news! congratulations!

dian

dian in spokane
              Participant

hey that's fantastic news! congratulations!

dian

lhaley
                Participant

Love the great news!!!  Now go out and live every moment!  Be vigilent and learn your body. In 10 years or more remember to post to let everyone know your STILL NED!

Linda

Stage IV 2006  NED 2 months

Becky
                    Participant

Yay!! Really happy to hear this, Mark! Hoping your foot heals quickly

Becky

Becky
                      Participant

Yay!! Really happy to hear this, Mark! Hoping your foot heals quickly

Becky

lhaley
                      Participant

Love the great news!!!  Now go out and live every moment!  Be vigilent and learn your body. In 10 years or more remember to post to let everyone know your STILL NED!

Linda

Stage IV 2006  NED 2 months

Dynasysman
                        Participant
                          Mark —

What wonderful news! My heart soars for you.

Live strong and with passion.

Melanoma Mom
                            Participant

Let's do the happy dance for Mark! Congrats!

Melanoma Mom
                              Participant

Let's do the happy dance for Mark! Congrats!

Dynasysman
                              Participant
                                Mark —

What wonderful news! My heart soars for you.

Live strong and with passion.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics