The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Second Scans Following Ipi-Nivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Second Scans Following Ipi-Nivo

Participant

"Previously described hypoenhancing hepatic metastases do not demonstrate increased FDG uptake compared to background liver activity." These are the sweetest words I've read since my Stage IV diagnosis (maybe ever).

I had my second set of scans since ipi-nivo (~week 19), but this was my first PET scan since diagnosis. No new tumors, and none of my existing tumors (~10 liver tumors and a few lung nodules) show "uptake". If I didn't have a naturally skeptical disposition, I might think I was on the path to NEAD (no evidence of "active" disease). Nice to think about, but I've seen the movie before (including my 2015) where it seems like things are going well for the protoganist and then, well, you know. That said, I continue to take it one day at a time–and today is a good day!

The PET did show some uptake (but not tumor) in my pancreas, which could be a sign of pancreatitis. I'll have labwork to confirm. If I have pancreatitis, I'll need to suspend nivo–but I'll save that potential obstacle for another day.

In any case, we're getting ready to start my daughter's birthday weekend. She had just turned 4 when I was diagnosed. I'm so grateful to be here for her 7th birthday. Enjoy the weekend.

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Polymath
        Participant

Way to go Mat, keep repeating those sweet words.  Your personality seems a lot like mine.  Respect the enemy, but plan for survival.  After years of bad news, it's so refreshing to finally say I am making progress as opposed to progression.  I too am getting my first, although only partial response to ipi/nivo combo with some radiation thrown in.  It's encouraging, and while its difficult to make long-term plans, I have a renewed sense that I can at least achieve my original milestone and see my daughter graduate high school (two years to go).  I sincerely wish the best to you and that you too see your little lady walk up that podium some day.

Gary

Polymath
          Participant

Way to go Mat, keep repeating those sweet words.  Your personality seems a lot like mine.  Respect the enemy, but plan for survival.  After years of bad news, it's so refreshing to finally say I am making progress as opposed to progression.  I too am getting my first, although only partial response to ipi/nivo combo with some radiation thrown in.  It's encouraging, and while its difficult to make long-term plans, I have a renewed sense that I can at least achieve my original milestone and see my daughter graduate high school (two years to go).  I sincerely wish the best to you and that you too see your little lady walk up that podium some day.

Gary

Polymath
            Participant

Gary

Bubbles
              Participant

Oh, Mat!!!!

Yippie!!!  YAY!!!  WONDERFUL!!  AWESOME!!  Sooooo happy!!!  Happy birthday weekend indeed!!!  Congrats, buddy.  Was certainly your turn!!  Have a great day!  Love, c

Bubbles
                Participant

Oh, Mat!!!!

Yippie!!!  YAY!!!  WONDERFUL!!  AWESOME!!  Sooooo happy!!!  Happy birthday weekend indeed!!!  Congrats, buddy.  Was certainly your turn!!  Have a great day!  Love, c

Bubbles
                  Participant

Oh, Mat!!!!

rosa1
                    Participant

Way to go Mat, really happy for you. I hope and pray you'll have many, many more birthdays to celebrate with your loved ones. My scans are also coming up on the 14th, stressing out already.

All the best…..

Rosa

rosa1
                      Participant

Way to go Mat, really happy for you. I hope and pray you'll have many, many more birthdays to celebrate with your loved ones. My scans are also coming up on the 14th, stressing out already.

All the best…..

Rosa

rosa1
                        Participant

All the best…..

Rosa

Jubes
                          Participant

Such good news mat.!! Thanks so much for posting. Anne-Louise 

Jubes
                            Participant

Jubes
                              Participant

BrianP
                                Participant

Awesome news Mat.  So happy for you;  Enjoy that birthday party!

Brian

BrianP
                                  Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                    Participant

Brian

JoshF
                                      Participant

Mat I'm just thrilled for you. This is the stuff I like to see posted! I know pancreas can show activity and be nothing so I'm praying for that. Enjoy your daughters bday weekend! Be well my friend!

Josh

JoshF
                                        Participant

Mat I'm just thrilled for you. This is the stuff I like to see posted! I know pancreas can show activity and be nothing so I'm praying for that. Enjoy your daughters bday weekend! Be well my friend!

Josh

JoshF
                                          Participant

Josh

Gwen in Maine
                                            Participant

Excellent news, Mat! Thanks for posting!

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                              Participant

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                                Participant

Gwen

jade1111
                                                  Participant

That is good news! Enjoy the birthday weekend! Your post reminded me of some advice a cancer survivor friend gave me for me mom.. and really cna be applied to life in generall.. There are going to be ups and downs along the way. nice to know your on an Upride :0) Enjoy your daughters birthday weekend!!

Best wishes! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hsaring your post with my mom.

jade1111
                                                    Participant

That is good news! Enjoy the birthday weekend! Your post reminded me of some advice a cancer survivor friend gave me for me mom.. and really cna be applied to life in generall.. There are going to be ups and downs along the way. nice to know your on an Upride :0) Enjoy your daughters birthday weekend!!

Best wishes! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hsaring your post with my mom.

jade1111
                                                      Participant

DZnDef
                                                        Participant

I just saw this!  What fantastic news, Mat!  I am so so so SO very happy for you!  I wish you many years of NEAD!

DZnDef
                                                          Participant

I just saw this!  What fantastic news, Mat!  I am so so so SO very happy for you!  I wish you many years of NEAD!

DZnDef
                                                            Participant

casagrayson
                                                              Participant

Fabulous news, Mat!

casagrayson
                                                                Participant

Fabulous news, Mat!

casagrayson
                                                                  Participant

Fabulous news, Mat!

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics