The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scott has passed.

Forums General Melanoma Community Scott has passed.

Participant

Hello all. 

Thanks for the endless support and advice. This board was so helpful in learning and planning for Scott's treatments as well as emotional support.

Scott passed on August 30th, Friday AM at 10 AM.  I was there with him and it was OK.  Peaceful and easy.  He was not afraid and he was accepting of the situation.  I know he is free now.

Hello all. 

Thanks for the endless support and advice. This board was so helpful in learning and planning for Scott's treatments as well as emotional support.

Scott passed on August 30th, Friday AM at 10 AM.  I was there with him and it was OK.  Peaceful and easy.  He was not afraid and he was accepting of the situation.  I know he is free now.

He was so strong, always working towards the next treatment, never complaining.  But the cancer had taken it's toll and it was time for him to be rid of that body.  We will all miss him dearly, but I know he is much happier now and that we will meet again.

Keep up the fight all.  As time goes on things get much better.  Better treatments, better chances. 

God Bless, Lisa (wife of Scott)

Below is a link to his online memorial scott-alan-gause.forevermissed.com

Viewing 30 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Lisa. – I am so very sorry for your loss. Amy
          awillett1991
          Participant
            awillett1991
            Participant
              Phil S
              Participant
                Lisa, I am so very sorry for your loss, I know you will miss Scott, I hope the good memories of your life together sustain you in the months ahead. You both put up a good fight, you should be proud of yourself as a wonderful caregiver and wife. You are an amazing woman, having the courage to care for Scott, having the wisdom to know it was time to let go, and having the sense of peace that it was meant to be and he is in a better place. I wish you God’s Blessings, and take good care of Yourself! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                Phil S
                Participant
                  Lisa, I am so very sorry for your loss, I know you will miss Scott, I hope the good memories of your life together sustain you in the months ahead. You both put up a good fight, you should be proud of yourself as a wonderful caregiver and wife. You are an amazing woman, having the courage to care for Scott, having the wisdom to know it was time to let go, and having the sense of peace that it was meant to be and he is in a better place. I wish you God’s Blessings, and take good care of Yourself! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                  Phil S
                  Participant
                    POW
                    Participant

Lisa, I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to let us know.

I can't believe that it was only 6 weeks ago that Scott decided to stop treatment and now he's gone already. To me that means that you and Scott fought melanoma successfully to the very bitter end. You didn't give up too soon. What a scrappy pair you were!

I am glad that Scott's passing was peaceful and that you were able to be there with him. You were a wonderful and loving wife to him. I hope you have loving family and good friends you can turn to for help and support during this difficult time. 

POW
                      Participant

Lisa, I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to let us know.

I can't believe that it was only 6 weeks ago that Scott decided to stop treatment and now he's gone already. To me that means that you and Scott fought melanoma successfully to the very bitter end. You didn't give up too soon. What a scrappy pair you were!

I am glad that Scott's passing was peaceful and that you were able to be there with him. You were a wonderful and loving wife to him. I hope you have loving family and good friends you can turn to for help and support during this difficult time. 

POW
                        Participant

aldakota22
                          Participant

So sorry to read the news of Scotts passing.May you and your family heal over his loss.Had such a tough cancer to beat.Both gave it all you could.Beat the Beast .   Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

So sorry to read the news of Scotts passing.May you and your family heal over his loss.Had such a tough cancer to beat.Both gave it all you could.Beat the Beast .   Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

NYKaren
                                Participant
                                  Dear Lisa,
                                  I am so very sorry for your loss. You and Scott were true partners in every sense of the word. You are both in my prayers.
                                  Karen
                                  casagrayson
                                  Participant

I'm so sorry.  Praying for peace for you and your children.   Susan

casagrayson
                                    Participant

casagrayson
                                      Participant

rosa1
                                        Participant

Lisa,

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I pray that God will give you and your family peace and comfort in the days ahead.

Rosa

rosa1
                                          Participant

Lisa,

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I pray that God will give you and your family peace and comfort in the days ahead.

Rosa

rosa1
                                            Participant

Lisa,

Rosa

Tina D
                                              Participant

Lisa, I am so so sorry. He really did fight hard and you fought hard right along-side him.I am sorry I never got the chance to meet him. Praying for you and hoping you have all kinds of loving support. Hard to find words to offer consolation. He was sure blessed to have you by his side through it all.

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

Lisa, I am so so sorry. He really did fight hard and you fought hard right along-side him.I am sorry I never got the chance to meet him. Praying for you and hoping you have all kinds of loving support. Hard to find words to offer consolation. He was sure blessed to have you by his side through it all.

Tina

Tina D
                                                  Participant

Tina

Swanee
                                                    Participant

Lisa,

Always a sad post to read and my heart sinks to know that Scott has passed away.  Your love and devotion to your husband was so transparent as you dedicated yourself to finding  the best care and treatments for him.  You gave so much in such a short amount of time and I can't help but feel that Scott  knew how lucky he was to have you by his side to face this battle together.  May the love you shared together in this journey, comfort you now and bring you peace in the days ahead.  Blessings to all of Scott's loved ones.

Swanee  

Swanee
                                                      Participant

Lisa,

Always a sad post to read and my heart sinks to know that Scott has passed away.  Your love and devotion to your husband was so transparent as you dedicated yourself to finding  the best care and treatments for him.  You gave so much in such a short amount of time and I can't help but feel that Scott  knew how lucky he was to have you by his side to face this battle together.  May the love you shared together in this journey, comfort you now and bring you peace in the days ahead.  Blessings to all of Scott's loved ones.

Swanee  

Swanee
                                                        Participant

Lisa,

Swanee  

Owl
                                                          Participant

Dear Lisa,

my thaughts are with you, I am so sorry for your loss. I think your attitude is admirable, letting Scott go and feeling that he is free now. I hope you and your family can maintain this feeling and it will help you going through this hard time.

All the best for you, Jenny

Owl
                                                            Participant

Dear Lisa,

my thaughts are with you, I am so sorry for your loss. I think your attitude is admirable, letting Scott go and feeling that he is free now. I hope you and your family can maintain this feeling and it will help you going through this hard time.

Owl
                                                              Participant

Dear Lisa,

BrianP
                                                                Participant

I'm so sorry for you loss Lisa.  I will be praying for your family.  You and Scott were wonderful examples to emulate in the fight against this terrible disease.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                  Participant

I'm so sorry for you loss Lisa.  I will be praying for your family.  You and Scott were wonderful examples to emulate in the fight against this terrible disease.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                    Participant

Brian

NYKaren
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Dear Lisa,
                                                                        I am so very sorry for your loss. You and Scott were true partners in every sense of the word. You are both in my prayers.
                                                                        Karen
                                                                        NYKaren
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Dear Lisa,
                                                                          Karen
                                                                      Viewing 30 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics