The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans

Participant

This morning onto Charlotte I started to see double vision. Petrified.  Today was just to be the PET/CT.  There was an accident on the Interstate and we were running late. My husband had to just drop me off to go park and I went to walk and I could not support myself. The guard got me quickly into a wheelchair. 

This morning onto Charlotte I started to see double vision. Petrified.  Today was just to be the PET/CT.  There was an accident on the Interstate and we were running late. My husband had to just drop me off to go park and I went to walk and I could not support myself. The guard got me quickly into a wheelchair. 

I called my oncologist and told him what was going on, he immediately had another mri.  Both PET and MRI was good!    The problem is edema.   I had almost weaned and during the last 3 weeks the edema had caused more issues with out having the steroids…..ugh

I have an appointment with both the radiologist and nuerosurgeon and will make the decision.   Both my husband and my oncologist feel that they were glad of the scan results, I am glad but am already anxious for the next step.

By night the double vision was already gone, eyes are still a little bit of blury.  The tumor was originally discovered the night before my last PET and now this time it was discovered that morning.  Overall I guess I'm pretty lucky and they fit me in the same day.

Linda

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Linda, 

I am happy to hear your scan results don't show a tumor (I think), anyway, I've had 2 instances of swelling/edema

secondary to radiation necrosis.  Both were removed and I am fine.

God Bless you and prayers that things work out for the best.

John

jag
          Participant

Linda, 

I am happy to hear your scan results don't show a tumor (I think), anyway, I've had 2 instances of swelling/edema

John

lhaley
              Participant

I was just telling Sammy that you had the same problem.  I'm hoping that the tumor has now shrunk enough (or isn't deep enough now) and will have it removed!   I know that many have so many problems but I really want to be done with the steroids.   

lhaley
                Participant

I was just telling Sammy that you had the same problem.  I'm hoping that the tumor has now shrunk enough (or isn't deep enough now) and will have it removed!   I know that many have so many problems but I really want to be done with the steroids.   

lhaley
                  Participant

jag
                  Participant

Linda, 

John

hope4cure1
                    Participant

Wow, Linda….talk about scary situations!  I am so glad to hear that your scans looked good and hope they can effectively address the edema.   Keep the good news coming!!!

Hope

hope4cure1
                      Participant

Wow, Linda….talk about scary situations!  I am so glad to hear that your scans looked good and hope they can effectively address the edema.   Keep the good news coming!!!

Hope

hope4cure1
                        Participant

Hope

King
                          Participant

Hi Linda,

I've been thinking of you and your family over the holidays.  Gosh, talk about timing!  Please keep us posted.  I would be like you, too, I think…very happy for the scan results but wanting to know what's next to treat the current issues.

Try to rest and take one day at a time.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

King
                            Participant

Hi Linda,

I've been thinking of you and your family over the holidays.  Gosh, talk about timing!  Please keep us posted.  I would be like you, too, I think…very happy for the scan results but wanting to know what's next to treat the current issues.

Stay Strong

King

King
                              Participant

Hi Linda,

Stay Strong

King

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Pulling for you my friend.  Glad the scan results wre positive.  Know how scary vision and weakness problems can be.   Hope to hear that they hve eased up  in the near future.

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Pulling for you my friend.  Glad the scan results wre positive.  Know how scary vision and weakness problems can be.   Hope to hear that they hve eased up  in the near future.

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

davidfromsingapore
                                      Participant

I am so happy for you Linda.  You keep fighting!

David

davidfromsingapore
                                        Participant

David

davidfromsingapore
                                          Participant

David

glewis923
                                            Participant

Hey Linda-  Very glad you're OK now!  Back in late July, I had an "emergency edema" when my local Onc. had immediate MRI done cause my headache became unbearable.  I thought the lesser headaches that led up to that day was just "normal" for 3 to 5 mths. (2 seperate SRS treatments).  The Drs. said my head edema was about to explode!  They gave me immediate steroid infusion and then 12 to 16 mg /day.  That night after infusion was the biggest relief of pain and stress i think i ever had.

My left leg is the area that also siezured 'cause of same 2 plus cm tumor/ edema.  I'm still using a cane today, but i fortunately never lost complete ability to walk.  I have appt. t-morrow to see what "direction" I will go.  I'm just happy for you in the fact they treated your edema in nick of time and your MRI was otherwise OK!

Thank You so much for the inspiration that you – Like John and others – have given me when felt/feel hopeless.

Take Care-  Grady.

lhaley
                                                Participant

Grady,

Thanks for letting me know that you were also told this is normal.  I was put on 4mgs and called today and told them that the vision wasn't better. They have put me to 8mgs and I have an appoiintment on Jan. 18th to talk to the radiologist and nuerosurgeon to make a decision.

I am glad that I happened to be on the way for the scans that morning!  Even better that my oncologist responds quickly.  I remember when you were having real pain. 

Make sure to let us know what your Dr says tomorrow as your next move. 

I sure hate what the steroids have done to me.  I also hope my vision comes back better. My favorite hobbies are to quilt and to read. I can't do either right now!   I do feel better this evening though then I did! 

Take care,

Linda

lhaley
                                                  Participant

Grady,

Thanks for letting me know that you were also told this is normal.  I was put on 4mgs and called today and told them that the vision wasn't better. They have put me to 8mgs and I have an appoiintment on Jan. 18th to talk to the radiologist and nuerosurgeon to make a decision.

I am glad that I happened to be on the way for the scans that morning!  Even better that my oncologist responds quickly.  I remember when you were having real pain. 

I sure hate what the steroids have done to me.  I also hope my vision comes back better. My favorite hobbies are to quilt and to read. I can't do either right now!   I do feel better this evening though then I did! 

Take care,

Linda

lhaley
                                                    Participant

Grady,

Take care,

Linda

glewis923
                                                    Participant

Hey Linda-  Very glad you're OK now!  Back in late July, I had an "emergency edema" when my local Onc. had immediate MRI done cause my headache became unbearable.  I thought the lesser headaches that led up to that day was just "normal" for 3 to 5 mths. (2 seperate SRS treatments).  The Drs. said my head edema was about to explode!  They gave me immediate steroid infusion and then 12 to 16 mg /day.  That night after infusion was the biggest relief of pain and stress i think i ever had.

My left leg is the area that also siezured 'cause of same 2 plus cm tumor/ edema.  I'm still using a cane today, but i fortunately never lost complete ability to walk.  I have appt. t-morrow to see what "direction" I will go.  I'm just happy for you in the fact they treated your edema in nick of time and your MRI was otherwise OK!

Thank You so much for the inspiration that you – Like John and others – have given me when felt/feel hopeless.

Take Care-  Grady.

glewis923
                                                      Participant

Take Care-  Grady.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics