The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans Tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans Tomorrow

Participant

Hi everyone,

The stress of scans is setting in. Bob had delayed his scans because one of our sons hurt his head and had to have staples. He was really due back sooner. It's so tough with these little guys, they keep us so busy.

Any extra prayers, voodoo or zen or whatever you can send our way we could use it. He goes in tomorrow for scans and it will a year since his last surgery.

We won't know results until Thursday.

Rebecca

Hi everyone,

The stress of scans is setting in. Bob had delayed his scans because one of our sons hurt his head and had to have staples. He was really due back sooner. It's so tough with these little guys, they keep us so busy.

Any extra prayers, voodoo or zen or whatever you can send our way we could use it. He goes in tomorrow for scans and it will a year since his last surgery.

We won't know results until Thursday.

Rebecca

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sharon in Reno
        Participant

Hello,

Prayers coming his way for clear scans. Maybe have him take a pill to relax before scan time, my doctor just gave me another RX for Antivan for anxitiey. I just had my scans yesterday and Friday and had to take a pill to relax. I havent been able to find a way out of scanxiety. Good Luck & God Bless. love, Sharon in Reno Stage IV

Rebecca and Bob
            Participant

Sharon,

I appreciate it, I think I'm the one that needs the pill.  Our boys are now 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 and they really don't remember much about the past few years of Surgery/IL-2/Surgery .  They were so young that they were always busy playing. The last surgery being July 2009. I'm praying hard they don't have to know or see anything now.

God Bless you to Sharon, keep fighting mel.

Rebecca

vickirs
              Participant

why is it that scan time is worse that finding out you have cancer.  it is the only time my anxiety level goes sky high.  if anybody knows a cure for this i would give you almost anything i own.  good luck and keep fighting

vicki sheedy

Rebecca and Bob
                Participant

Vicki,

Thanks.  My husband doesn't want to go back ever.  I wonder if that is the part of the group when you look at statistics that they lost contact with. I don't blame him.

Rebecca

Sharon in Reno
                  Participant

why don't you ask the doctor for a RX of Antivan/?  I love this stuff, not too much, not too little, takes the edge off. Generic name is Lorazepam…that's one of the drugs Michael Jackson had in his system when he died…so you know it's good…:)   just a thought.

lhaley
                  Participant

Good luck to both of you tomorrow!!  I hope this weekend your family is celebrating Bob's 1 year NED anniversary!! 

Linda

Lori C
                    Participant

Prayers coming your way for very good results!

Tracy Chicago
                        Participant

Sending good vibes for Thursday! I prefer Xanax for my anxiety. It's like drinking a nice glass of red wine : )

Janet2
                          Participant

Good luck with your scan.
                            Janet

Sherron
                          Participant

Rebecca, – hope Bob's scan turn out good.  Thinking about you both and wishing the very best for you.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

katd
                              Participant

Prayers are going up from Kentucky for you and Jim. Yes, the Antivan has worked for me.

katd

I am in Treatment right now using Interferon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics