The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan Results Tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan Results Tomorrow

Participant

Yesterday I had the follow-up scan to a previous one I had on April 28th.  I'll be finding out what's going on with the nodules on my lungs as well as any other areas in my body. My CT scan was nervewracking considering just before they pumped me full of iodine, they told me they're taking a good look at my liver!  At that moment, I could feel the anxiety flowing through my veins as quickly as the iodine. Thanks buddy for putting that image in my head!

Yesterday I had the follow-up scan to a previous one I had on April 28th.  I'll be finding out what's going on with the nodules on my lungs as well as any other areas in my body. My CT scan was nervewracking considering just before they pumped me full of iodine, they told me they're taking a good look at my liver!  At that moment, I could feel the anxiety flowing through my veins as quickly as the iodine. Thanks buddy for putting that image in my head!

I've had a really bad stomach these past couple of weeks and my acid reflux and hiatal hernia have kicked in big time. Sometimes my hiatal hernia gives me some breathing problems which of course makes me think of this melanoma growing rapidly in my lungs in the past month. I really hope to God that this is a scare or they tell me there is no change and even better, nothing anywhere else. I don't even know if I'm mentally prepared to hear the words (stage 4) yet and they probably wouldn't either until these nodules got big enough to biopsy. I keep trying to remind myself that my blood work 2 weeks ago was normal, so that has to be a good thing.  I also keep reading peoples stories of their scares and lung nodules being nothing or not growing, etc, etc, but then you come on here and there's terrible news which freaks me out even more.

I've had a few break downs today. I look out the window on this beautiful, sunny, hot day reminded of how much I loved these days. But now, I feel I can't even enjoy the summer with my daughter because I'm petrified of being in the sun because it's the reason I'm here. I hate what is happening and I'm so angry that I'm going through this (even though I'm not alone). I want to know my results so badly, but at the same time, I'm terrified.

I will definately need some wine tonite and probably an ativan before my appointment bright and early.

P.S.  I'm so thankful that all these drugs are becoming available and likely a dozen more to follow. 

Lisa

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        TracyLee
        Participant

Lisa,

I know exactly how you feel re: beautiful, sunny days now. We live near the beach, and I loved being on the beach. Now I feel like it's my worst enemy and don't even want to be there when the sun is down! My kids are constantly asking me to come to the beach with them, and it's the last place I want to be now.

You are having tremendous scanxiety today, and I'm sorry it's been so rough on you. Try and relax. Nothing you do now will change the results.

Praying that you hear excellent news tomorrow. Let us know either way, we've got your back no matter what happens.

TracyLee

Stage IV 5/16/11 – scalp/neck/lungs

TracyLee
          Participant

Lisa,

I know exactly how you feel re: beautiful, sunny days now. We live near the beach, and I loved being on the beach. Now I feel like it's my worst enemy and don't even want to be there when the sun is down! My kids are constantly asking me to come to the beach with them, and it's the last place I want to be now.

You are having tremendous scanxiety today, and I'm sorry it's been so rough on you. Try and relax. Nothing you do now will change the results.

Praying that you hear excellent news tomorrow. Let us know either way, we've got your back no matter what happens.

TracyLee

Stage IV 5/16/11 – scalp/neck/lungs

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Lisa,

It stinks.  I'm not so sure you want or need a pep talk right now. So I want to offer hope, OK? A woman posted a video just this morning of her husband's journey. He's been stage 4 for 4 1/2 years and I don't want to give it away, but I want to encourage you to click on the facebook/melanomaprayercenter link after my name and watch it. You don't have to like the page and you don't have to be on FB. When you're through, I want you to come back on here and tell me what you saw that might give you hope. It's also on my Rev personal page and I encourage people to watch it.  I don't know how free I can be in this case to post the url on here, but since it's on FB, I can encourage you to go there and see it.

When I saw this video this morning, I immediately thought of you and I think by the time it's over, you'll know why.

Tomorrow is almost here and you'll have answers soon enough. In the meantime, you've got exactly what everybody else has and that's right now.

Lord, in Your mercy, You know what Lisa's tomorrow holds and You're already there. See her through this and bring Your blessing her way. Thank You God. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Lisa,

It stinks.  I'm not so sure you want or need a pep talk right now. So I want to offer hope, OK? A woman posted a video just this morning of her husband's journey. He's been stage 4 for 4 1/2 years and I don't want to give it away, but I want to encourage you to click on the facebook/melanomaprayercenter link after my name and watch it. You don't have to like the page and you don't have to be on FB. When you're through, I want you to come back on here and tell me what you saw that might give you hope. It's also on my Rev personal page and I encourage people to watch it.  I don't know how free I can be in this case to post the url on here, but since it's on FB, I can encourage you to go there and see it.

When I saw this video this morning, I immediately thought of you and I think by the time it's over, you'll know why.

Tomorrow is almost here and you'll have answers soon enough. In the meantime, you've got exactly what everybody else has and that's right now.

Lord, in Your mercy, You know what Lisa's tomorrow holds and You're already there. See her through this and bring Your blessing her way. Thank You God. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

lhaley
                Participant

Lisa,

Scan anxiety is the worse, and all of us on this board totally understand.  A scan ago I walked into the onc's office and my heart was racing. He told me all was well on the scans. Then he did the physical.  When he listened to my heart he actually pulled the stethescope off of his ears! Claimed that my heartbeat hurt his ears! He was laughing but I could tell that he was shocked at how it was racing.  It takes awhile to calm down even after good news!

Don't be afraid of the sun. Just be wise.  When I was first diagnosed in 1979 I hid from the sun. That didn't stop the next 5 melanoma's from coming.  Somewhere along the way I learned just to be smart. I work in the yard, just early in the morning or late in the evening. We just moved from the beach. I went there constanty, just went at the appropriate times with the appropriate coverups and didn' stay long.  While the sun might cause new melanoma's it will have nothing to do with a recurrance.

Hoping you get good results tomorrow! Please post to let us know,

Linda

stage IV  surgery last Friday, waiting to hear if they got clear margins

lhaley
                  Participant

Lisa,

Scan anxiety is the worse, and all of us on this board totally understand.  A scan ago I walked into the onc's office and my heart was racing. He told me all was well on the scans. Then he did the physical.  When he listened to my heart he actually pulled the stethescope off of his ears! Claimed that my heartbeat hurt his ears! He was laughing but I could tell that he was shocked at how it was racing.  It takes awhile to calm down even after good news!

Don't be afraid of the sun. Just be wise.  When I was first diagnosed in 1979 I hid from the sun. That didn't stop the next 5 melanoma's from coming.  Somewhere along the way I learned just to be smart. I work in the yard, just early in the morning or late in the evening. We just moved from the beach. I went there constanty, just went at the appropriate times with the appropriate coverups and didn' stay long.  While the sun might cause new melanoma's it will have nothing to do with a recurrance.

Hoping you get good results tomorrow! Please post to let us know,

Linda

stage IV  surgery last Friday, waiting to hear if they got clear margins

nicoli
                      Participant

I'm stage 3b. When I asked my onc if I need to stay out of the sun, she told me, "you're way past that." 

Nicki

nicoli
                        Participant

I'm stage 3b. When I asked my onc if I need to stay out of the sun, she told me, "you're way past that." 

Nicki

Lori C
                        Participant

Lisa, prayers for a great result. 

Scanxiety is the worst.  

Lori

Lori C
                          Participant

Lisa, prayers for a great result. 

Scanxiety is the worst.  

Lori

Lisa13
                              Participant

Carol,

That video is the most powerful video I've ever seen and I thank you for leading me to it. Despite all that he went through, he got married, had 3 kids and kept going and it's possible for many people to beat this for many years. 

You're right, tomorrow I will have the answers and I thank you all for replying.

Lisa 

Carol Taylor
                                Participant

Isn't it though?! You got what I knew you would and though you don't mention it, I'm sure you noticed the youngest child is under 4 1/2. He kept on living and he and Wendy believe in life together. I know he's not the one to get pregnant like you would be, but they could have easily said "no" and didn't.

You hang in there friend! Praying for you!
                                  And your hubby too!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                  Participant

Isn't it though?! You got what I knew you would and though you don't mention it, I'm sure you noticed the youngest child is under 4 1/2. He kept on living and he and Wendy believe in life together. I know he's not the one to get pregnant like you would be, but they could have easily said "no" and didn't.

You hang in there friend! Praying for you!
                                    And your hubby too!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Lisa13
                                    Participant

Carol,

That video is the most powerful video I've ever seen and I thank you for leading me to it. Despite all that he went through, he got married, had 3 kids and kept going and it's possible for many people to beat this for many years. 

You're right, tomorrow I will have the answers and I thank you all for replying.

Lisa 

LynnLuc
                                    Participant

Good Luck and Blessings regarding your scan results. Iwill have my scanstomorrow and I will get my results as well and if I remain NED I will get my booster of the Anti-PD-1. I always hope for the best, but I always expect the worse news possible…thus scanphobia…I dread the scans…but when I get the good news I am so happy and I love those scans!

Strickland
                                        Participant

Lynn,

Thank you for sharing all the information that you do concerning our Melanoma. You have been such a light in my life and I'm grateful to you.

Strickland
                                          Participant

Lynn,

Thank you for sharing all the information that you do concerning our Melanoma. You have been such a light in my life and I'm grateful to you.

LynnLuc
                                          Participant

Good Luck and Blessings regarding your scan results. Iwill have my scanstomorrow and I will get my results as well and if I remain NED I will get my booster of the Anti-PD-1. I always hope for the best, but I always expect the worse news possible…thus scanphobia…I dread the scans…but when I get the good news I am so happy and I love those scans!

ValinMtl
                                            Participant

I'm saying a prayer that you have good news tomorrow and that you are not stage IV, the fear of results from scans always get your mind working overtime.  Remember new treatments are coming out to treat the beast. 

I refuse to let melanoma rule my life. I still go to Florida for two months each year. I was never a sunworshipper..it was one bad burn when I was 16..I'm positive, it was purple…and the auburn hair.  I stay in the shade at the hottest times applying a non-cancer-causing sun tan lotion "solar aegis" and with a sun hat…long sleeves when necessary.  So many sun tan lotions have 'negative' chemicals, you'd be surprised which ones http://www.ewg.org/skindeep AND we' re putting it all over our bodies!!….I see you live in Toronto…Green Beaver can be bought at health stores, located in Hawkesbury, I see you have a young daughter, they have one for children..doesn't apply as smoothly as solar aegis purchased in Naples, Florida or at Port Charlotte Fisherman's wharf…they have a web site.

Enjoy the wine tonight!   Val Stage IVxx

ValinMtl
                                              Participant

I'm saying a prayer that you have good news tomorrow and that you are not stage IV, the fear of results from scans always get your mind working overtime.  Remember new treatments are coming out to treat the beast. 

I refuse to let melanoma rule my life. I still go to Florida for two months each year. I was never a sunworshipper..it was one bad burn when I was 16..I'm positive, it was purple…and the auburn hair.  I stay in the shade at the hottest times applying a non-cancer-causing sun tan lotion "solar aegis" and with a sun hat…long sleeves when necessary.  So many sun tan lotions have 'negative' chemicals, you'd be surprised which ones http://www.ewg.org/skindeep AND we' re putting it all over our bodies!!….I see you live in Toronto…Green Beaver can be bought at health stores, located in Hawkesbury, I see you have a young daughter, they have one for children..doesn't apply as smoothly as solar aegis purchased in Naples, Florida or at Port Charlotte Fisherman's wharf…they have a web site.

Enjoy the wine tonight!   Val Stage IVxx

Paulette in Toronto
                                                Participant

Lisa,

Know that I've been down this road and I've now been NED for almost 2 years.  Sometimes things get worse before they get better.  Don't lose hope!  I see you're in Toronto as well.  Feel free to contact me if you need a little pep talk. 

Paulette

Paulette in Toronto
                                                  Participant

Lisa,

Know that I've been down this road and I've now been NED for almost 2 years.  Sometimes things get worse before they get better.  Don't lose hope!  I see you're in Toronto as well.  Feel free to contact me if you need a little pep talk. 

Paulette

mom3girlsFL
                                                    Participant

Hi Lisa

First let me say I love your brutal honesty about your feelings.  God bless you for laying it all out there like that.  Please know you are not alone and so many people here have been there and even more are here to support you on days like today.

Your sunny day reference hit home with me as I live in FL- The Sunshine State-and know darn well how I ended up here!  I cringe when my hubby wants to load up the kids for a day at the beach…really???!!!

Best wishes for great results!  Keep us posted!

Hugs,

Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                                                      Participant

Hi Lisa

First let me say I love your brutal honesty about your feelings.  God bless you for laying it all out there like that.  Please know you are not alone and so many people here have been there and even more are here to support you on days like today.

Your sunny day reference hit home with me as I live in FL- The Sunshine State-and know darn well how I ended up here!  I cringe when my hubby wants to load up the kids for a day at the beach…really???!!!

Best wishes for great results!  Keep us posted!

Hugs,

Laurie

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics