The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan results, huge tumor reduction!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan results, huge tumor reduction!!!

Participant
      Good news. After being diagnosed stage 4 10 weeks ago roughly with over 100 liver lesions and lung Mets, I just got new scan results.
      I had been taking Mektovi/Braftovi for about 3 weeks total on and off during the 10 weeks due to high liver enzymes ( side effect of meds). When I didn’t take the braf drugs I would take high doses of steroids to get enzymes down than restart. I also took tafinlar and mek for about 5 days but still same liver reaction. Despite theses hurdles which Dr Weber easily handled, all tumors decreased roughly 50% and some completely dissapeared. That’s miraculous in my book and the best Christmas gift I could have hoped for. I figure I am halfway to where I want to be which is tumor free.
      Plan is to stay on the Braf drugs for about 4 months and hopefully my liver enzymes will eventually cooperate than switch to the IPI/NIVO combo. Since I have become an autodidact in the field of melanoma (lol) that seems to be the route with best chance of durable response. If that doesn’t work I could always go back to braf drugs.
      I can’t thank everyone on this site enough for sharing their stories. It’s been immensely inspiring hearing people’s struggles with this insidious disease and I wish you all Happy Holidays!

Cheers
      John

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Congrats on a wonderful response (despite those unfortunate side effects!!!) and for having a great plan in place!!! Thanks for sharing! Celeste
          gopher38
          Participant
            Very good news. Much better X-mas gift than an iPhone.
            lkb
            Participant
              Ten weeks? Wowie! Congratulations!
              Lisa
              seholmes
              Participant
                What a wonderful response!! You are an inspiration!
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics