The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan results — Good News

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan results — Good News

Participant

Hey Cancer Warriors:

Happy to share some good news from John's latest scan results: The remaining tumor on his left adrenal gland has continued to shrink. It's down 10 mm (to 27 x 20 mm) since he started on Keytruda last October.

The left deltoid tumor that had been directly injected with SD-101 as part of a clinical trial remains MIA (missing and inactive) following his last injection in January. The original, canary-in-the-coal-mine tumor removed from the back of his head has also not reappeared. And there are no new lesions. 

Hoping the trend continues!

Side effects have diminished since going off the trial drug. Even the oral ulcers are less severe. Rash flares up that are tolerable. Now we can just focus on regaining his lost weight, about 10 pounds. (So far, I've gained most of it myself.)

Thank you to EVERYONE for your support and advice. You are stellar folks, and I've found this group invaluable.

Fight on!

Carol   

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillB
        Participant

Congratulations on the good news and may it continue indefinitely.

bill

dessie
            Participant

Congrats to hubby and you!  Getting good news like this is always welcome!!

dessie

sister of patient
            Participant

Exellent news Carol!! I wish you both more continued success and the best possible outcome!!

Barb

cancersnewnormal
              Participant

Always nice to hear when someone takes an upswing! 🙂  Sounds like it is certainly a good time to give him back some of those pounds of his that found their way to you. Way to take one for the team though! HA!  

CancerSpouse
                  Participant

I know, Nikki, right! I wish I could! The whole household has gained weight, except John. Even the dog is weighing in at a record 80 pounds, five more than his vet prefers.

DZnDef
                  Participant

Congratulations, Carol and

DZnDef
                      Participant

Continuing from above (I scrolled up to double-check your husband's name and was not allowed to finish the post.  So here goes. ..congratulations Carol and John!  I hope you continue to get great news!

Cheers,

Maggie

ed williams
                        Participant

So how are you doing Maggie???

DZnDef
                          Participant

Hi Ed,

I'm so glad to see you and Celeste continuing to help people on this board.  Love your encyclopedic video knowledge, and let's face it, Celeste is a dream come true for anyone looking for both encouragement and latest scientific data.  I'm thrilled to see Janner continues to help out the newbies as well.  I'm sorry I haven't given out more shout outs but I'll blame that on some brain fog for now.  Just a great group of people here overall.  I will post an update in a separate post.  Thanks for asking.

Cheers!

Maggie

CancerSpouse
                          Participant

Bill, Dessie, Barb, Niki & Maggie,

Thanks for the well wishes! We feel like we should be celebrating every single day.

Here's to everyone's good health!

Carol

Bubbles
                            Participant

Wonderful!!!!  Enjoy!  celeste

Viewing 5 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics