The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan results

Participant
      Just got done at docs…pet/ct showed a spot that little up in my ribs but I took a good blow there about a month ago and thought I actually broke them so hopefully nothing. Also a spot in right axilla and spot in throat. Doctor said he isn’t concerned about them because there is no masses and very low such. I did some hard manual labor yesterday not even thinking about scan. He said not to worry and we’ll just watch them for scans in 3 months. Brain mri- no new lesions and spot that hemorrhaged shrunk from 3.7cm to 15mm. We are unsure if it’s leftover blood from radiation or burst from disease but it’s going away so good news. So all in all I think scan went well maybe pet scan is not needed every time as something always seems to light up a bit but always different spots then gone next scan. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers it helped a ton. Special thanks to Josh for the email this morning telling me to be confident and the talk about anxiety. Get to live for 3 more months worry free. Fishing hunting and loving the wife and kids here I come!!
    Viewing 41 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant

YES!!!! I've been waiting and thinking about you all day! Enjoy man, just great news!

Josh

JoshF
          Participant

YES!!!! I've been waiting and thinking about you all day! Enjoy man, just great news!

Josh

jamieth29
              Participant
                Thanks Josh, the talk this morning helped a lot. I appreciate it more than you know. Your up next and will have great results also.
                jamieth29
                Participant
                  Thanks Josh, the talk this morning helped a lot. I appreciate it more than you know. Your up next and will have great results also.
                  jamieth29
                  Participant
                  JoshF
                  Participant

Josh

BrianP
                    Participant

Awesome Jamie.  Glad to hear you good plans for the next few months!

Brian

jamieth29
                        Participant
                          Thanks Brian, it is so hard to go from almost back to normal life and then the rush of emotions when it’s time for scans. Was able to,take the kids to school orientation yesterday and today. Researchers need to get their ass in gear.
                          jamieth29
                          Participant
                            Thanks Brian, it is so hard to go from almost back to normal life and then the rush of emotions when it’s time for scans. Was able to,take the kids to school orientation yesterday and today. Researchers need to get their ass in gear.
                            jamieth29
                            Participant
                            BrianP
                            Participant

Brian

BrianP
                              Participant

Brian

Bubbles
                                Participant

Wonderful, Jamie! Enjoy! C

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Bubbles
                                    Participant

maryb-z
                                      Participant

Woohoo! SO glad to read your good news! Enjoy the rest of summer with those kids and your wife! Keep kicking ass!

maryb-z
                                        Participant

Woohoo! SO glad to read your good news! Enjoy the rest of summer with those kids and your wife! Keep kicking ass!

maryb-z
                                          Participant

jamieth29
                                            Participant
                                              Thanks Mary and Celeste, just hope I can keep it going.
                                              jamieth29
                                              Participant
                                                jamieth29
                                                Participant
                                                  jennunicorn
                                                  Participant

Woo! Doing the happy dance for you! 🙂

jennunicorn
                                                    Participant

jennunicorn
                                                      Participant

youngann
                                                        Participant

Excellent news!

youngann
                                                          Participant

Excellent news!

jamieth29
                                                              Participant
                                                                Thanks youngann
                                                                jamieth29
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Thanks youngann
                                                                  jamieth29
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Thanks youngann
                                                                  youngann
                                                                  Participant

Excellent news!

Patrisa
                                                                    Participant

Now, that´s great news! It just warms my heart to hear positive news…..

Love,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                                                                      Participant

Love,

Patrisa

jamieth29
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Thanks a bunch Patrisa
                                                                            jamieth29
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Thanks a bunch Patrisa
                                                                              jamieth29
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Thanks a bunch Patrisa
                                                                              Patrisa
                                                                              Participant

Love,

Patrisa

WithinMySkin
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Fantastic news, Jamie! Throw that worry wart to the curb and go out there and enjoy your life for the rest of the summer! Hope you have a mini celebration with a cold beer and a good steak 🙂
                                                                                  WithinMySkin
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Fantastic news, Jamie! Throw that worry wart to the curb and go out there and enjoy your life for the rest of the summer! Hope you have a mini celebration with a cold beer and a good steak 🙂
                                                                                    WithinMySkin
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                        jamieth29
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          Thank you that mini celebration is about right.
                                                                                          jamieth29
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            jamieth29
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                            jvictoria
                                                                                            Participant

I know what you mean by "Three more months"… Enjoy!!!

jvictoria
                                                                                              Participant

jamieth29
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    Jaun living life at 3 months intervals sucks but I will take it.
                                                                                                    jamieth29
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                      jamieth29
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                      jvictoria
                                                                                                      Participant

Polymath
                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Jamie,

It's been a rough week on the board.  Thanks for the good news and best wishes for continued good fortune in your battle.

Gary

jamieth29
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              Gary your right it has been a rough week. While I’m happy that things went ok for me I feel selfish because of the loss of DFENG the hard times Josh and Eva and other are going through. I hate opening up the forum and seeing post after post of people struggling. I know that barring a big turn of events or by being a miracle long term responder on taf/mek I will have my time to struggle also. The last couple of days have been hard with what is happening on the board and my own struggle to accept what my personal diagnosis is. I know only God knows what lies ahead and just have to keep my hope and drive to live at a high level.
                                                                                                              jamieth29
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                Gary your right it has been a rough week. While I’m happy that things went ok for me I feel selfish because of the loss of DFENG the hard times Josh and Eva and other are going through. I hate opening up the forum and seeing post after post of people struggling. I know that barring a big turn of events or by being a miracle long term responder on taf/mek I will have my time to struggle also. The last couple of days have been hard with what is happening on the board and my own struggle to accept what my personal diagnosis is. I know only God knows what lies ahead and just have to keep my hope and drive to live at a high level.
                                                                                                                Polymath
                                                                                                                Participant

Jamie,

Don't beat yourself up with "survivor guilt".  Everyone is on their own road with unpredictable disease.  The fact you are here, sharing, shows you care about others.  It's the best we can do.

Gary

Polymath
                                                                                                                  Participant

Jamie,

Don't beat yourself up with "survivor guilt".  Everyone is on their own road with unpredictable disease.  The fact you are here, sharing, shows you care about others.  It's the best we can do.

Gary

Polymath
                                                                                                                    Participant

Jamie,

Gary

jamieth29
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                      Polymath
                                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Jamie,

It's been a rough week on the board.  Thanks for the good news and best wishes for continued good fortune in your battle.

Gary

Polymath
                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Jamie,

Gary

jade1111
                                                                                                                          Participant

Happy Dance!! Great news on scans!!!

jade1111
                                                                                                                            Participant

jade1111
                                                                                                                              Participant

Momofjake
                                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Jamie:) Just wanted to say I am so happy for your good scan. We have mastered the joy in all good times around here! I know what they say about Mek/Taf. But we say  if you look and feel like cancer isn't in the building and you get a good scan….celebrate and live NORMAL only with the new perspective of how amazing normal is:) No worry about next month!! Thinking life without the beast is half the battle:) Enjoy. We all want you healthy and happy. You give me lots of hope:)

Continued prayers,

Kerri–momofjake 

Momofjake
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Jamie:) Just wanted to say I am so happy for your good scan. We have mastered the joy in all good times around here! I know what they say about Mek/Taf. But we say  if you look and feel like cancer isn't in the building and you get a good scan….celebrate and live NORMAL only with the new perspective of how amazing normal is:) No worry about next month!! Thinking life without the beast is half the battle:) Enjoy. We all want you healthy and happy. You give me lots of hope:)

Continued prayers,

Kerri–momofjake 

Momofjake
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Continued prayers,

Kerri–momofjake 

jenny22
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Jamie-

First let me say, I am sorry for the delayed good wishes….My dad passed away last Saturday (the 27th) so I wasnt checking the board much….

BUT,  I am so happy to read this…..hoping this is just the beginning of more good news and good scans.

CONGRATS and ENjoy…

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Jamie-

First let me say, I am sorry for the delayed good wishes….My dad passed away last Saturday (the 27th) so I wasnt checking the board much….

BUT,  I am so happy to read this…..hoping this is just the beginning of more good news and good scans.

CONGRATS and ENjoy…

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Jamie-

CONGRATS and ENjoy…

best,

jenny

Viewing 41 reply threads
                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics