The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan result communication: good/?

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan result communication: good/?

Participant

Hi All, I hate to be messaging about my scanziety but right now I’m in that gap between the scan and results.

My health system does this thing where all good tests go through to MyChart automatically but if there is any issue with a test then it waits for the doctor’s approval before showing up in MyChart. Currently the CT of my abdomen/pelvis has shown up in MyChart but the Chest, and Neck portions have been held for the doctor. Of course my scanziety thinks that my cough is indicating something’s wrong,  but I know that as soon as they give me the ‘all clear’ then my cough will melt away because of the psychological lift.

I hope that you all are doing better than ever and enjoying the weekend.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        mandyjill
        Participant

I know where I get my scans that the neck CT is read by a different radiologist than the other CT's.  I will get the results for all my scans on the same day as the CT but it is usually several days before the neck CT becomes available.,

WithinMySkin
          Participant

Scanziety is a b!tch! It's so easy for our minds to wander to the worst possible thing rather than the best possible thing. Worrying about the results don't change what they will say or when they will appear. Take deep breaths and do something fun in the meantime!! Wishing you all the best results 🙂

Lauren

lkb
            Participant

Yep, I get that. If I don't have an appointment that day or the day after, I usually send a polite inquiring note to the nurse. Usually works. Hope your cough indeed melts away.

MovingOn
              Participant

Scan results were good. Everything is stable or shrinking. No new areas of concern. 

Next scan in 3 months.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics