The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan anxiety…waiting for results…

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan anxiety…waiting for results…

Participant

…Stage 3a patient and NED for 1.2 years (after year of Interferon).  I am right in the peak of the "reoccurence curve" time frame (30% likelyhood of moving to Stage 4).  I don't post much anymore since my experience was taking Interferon which was the standard of care for Stage 3 just 15 months ago when I was diagnosed. …isn't it hard to imagine how much has changed in just that short of time span?

Quarterly PET scan this morning….results tomorrow.  (purposely schedule it that way)   I know my situation is so much more positive than many on here…but it still creates anxiety for sure.  I know if I can make it through this year…the odds move way in my favor.

Hoping for the best…and best wishes for all.

Michel

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Good luck Michel.  Please keep us updated.

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

Brian

BrianP
            Participant

Brian

ed williams
              Participant

Good luck Michel, I have found waiting does get easier with time!!!!My wife has a much harder time with waiting for results. Two months ago my Oncologist called me at home to ask me to talk with a cancer foundation about raising awareness for clinical trials. The whole time that I was on the phone my wife keep coming into the room to check on me. After fininding out what the conversation had been about she was able to relaxed. I guess melanoma anxiety does not easily go away for family members.Ed

ed williams
                Participant

Good luck Michel, I have found waiting does get easier with time!!!!My wife has a much harder time with waiting for results. Two months ago my Oncologist called me at home to ask me to talk with a cancer foundation about raising awareness for clinical trials. The whole time that I was on the phone my wife keep coming into the room to check on me. After fininding out what the conversation had been about she was able to relaxed. I guess melanoma anxiety does not easily go away for family members.Ed

ed williams
                  Participant

mjanssentx
                    Participant

Just back….and it was the exact news we all want to hear.  I know that it is easy to focus on the drugs, the side affects, and all of the drama about the process.  But as we all know, the emotional toll is high and should never be overlooked.

I have a long list of goals to accomplish before my next scan and will be endeavoring to make it all happen…knowing there is "nothing bad" can happen until the next scan so you have to live life as robustly as you can.

Thanks for "listening"

Michel

kwb
                        Participant

Sounds like good news.  Glad you can relax for a while.

kwb
                          Participant

kwb
                            Participant

jenny22
                              Participant

Congrats Michel !!!!!!!! Lots of scans thsese days….many of us waiting for reults…..mine in about 2 hra…

Great to read your good news!!!!!

May it cotinue !!!!!

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                Participant

Congrats Michel !!!!!!!! Lots of scans thsese days….many of us waiting for reults…..mine in about 2 hra…

May it cotinue !!!!!

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                  Participant

May it cotinue !!!!!

best,

jenny

DZnDef
                                    Participant

Congratulations, Michel!  Enjoy your "melanoma holiday" until your next scans!

DZnDef
                                      Participant

DZnDef
                                        Participant

mjanssentx
                                        Participant

Just back….and it was the exact news we all want to hear.  I know that it is easy to focus on the drugs, the side affects, and all of the drama about the process.  But as we all know, the emotional toll is high and should never be overlooked.

I have a long list of goals to accomplish before my next scan and will be endeavoring to make it all happen…knowing there is "nothing bad" can happen until the next scan so you have to live life as robustly as you can.

Thanks for "listening"

Michel

mjanssentx
                                          Participant

Thanks for "listening"

Michel

Scooby123
                                            Participant

Wishing you good scan results, be positive 

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                              Participant

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                                Participant

scooby123❤️

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics