The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Say it isn’t so!

Forums General Melanoma Community Say it isn’t so!

• Replies
      Patrisa
      Participant

I personally don't believe everything i read… this for example…

Patrisa
        Participant

Toby0987
            Participant

That's just the white wine talking

Patrisa
              Participant

And not everything I read is funny as well…

Patrisa
                Participant

Toby0987
                  Participant

Ha!  This was meant to be a somewhat funny haha story-you cancer people are so serious!  The secret cause of melanoma is 

Toby0987
                    Participant

Ha!  This was meant to be a somewhat funny haha story-you cancer people are so serious!  The secret cause of melanoma is 

jennunicorn
                      Participant

Hey Toby, I totally get the lightheartedness of your post. Just want to say that for Patrisa, and other caregivers, they may have a harder time joking about the whole cancer situation than us patients. From my personal experience with my loved ones, my diagnosis hits them a lot harder than it hits me, and I find myself making jokes around the dinner table about it sometimes which is met with some awkward half laughs and mostly uncomfortable vibes even from my closest family. So, we have to remember that some folks on here don't want much to do with cancer jokes and funny stories because to them there's not much to laugh about when it comes to cancer.

Cheers,

jennunicorn
                        Participant

Hey Toby, I totally get the lightheartedness of your post. Just want to say that for Patrisa, and other caregivers, they may have a harder time joking about the whole cancer situation than us patients. From my personal experience with my loved ones, my diagnosis hits them a lot harder than it hits me, and I find myself making jokes around the dinner table about it sometimes which is met with some awkward half laughs and mostly uncomfortable vibes even from my closest family. So, we have to remember that some folks on here don't want much to do with cancer jokes and funny stories because to them there's not much to laugh about when it comes to cancer.

Cheers,

Patrisa
                          Participant

Jenn,

you are such a sweetheart and sooo on point… I can appreciate a good joke, but not when it comes to cancer….

take care everybody!

Patrisa

Patrisa
                            Participant

Jenn,

you are such a sweetheart and sooo on point… I can appreciate a good joke, but not when it comes to cancer….

take care everybody!

Patrisa

Toby0987
                              Participant

My wife agrees with you and said I'm a jackleg and has required I filter all my postings through her-kind of an account administrator. 

Toby0987
                                Participant

My wife agrees with you and said I'm a jackleg and has required I filter all my postings through her-kind of an account administrator. 

Toby0987
                                  Participant

Patrisa
                                    Participant

Jenn,

take care everybody!

Patrisa

jennunicorn
                                      Participant

Cheers,

Toby0987
                                        Participant

Patrisa
                                          Participant

Toby0987
                                            Participant

Toby0987
                                              Participant

Patrisa
                                              Participant

jennunicorn
                                                Participant

That small study won't stop me from enoying my favorite sauvignon blanc ๐Ÿ™‚

jennunicorn
                                                  Participant

jennunicorn
                                                    Participant

Janner
                                                      Participant

The horse is already out of the barn for most everyone here.  It doesn't say it increases the risk of recurrence, only the risk of getting melanoma in the first place.  Well….that's a done deal!  If you already have melanoma, what does it matter now?  Relax!

Janner
                                                        Participant

The horse is already out of the barn for most everyone here.  It doesn't say it increases the risk of recurrence, only the risk of getting melanoma in the first place.  Well….that's a done deal!  If you already have melanoma, what does it matter now?  Relax!

Janner
                                                          Participant

dvd
                                                            Participant

Not to disparage the author's study, but this should be taken for what it is – a retrospective, self-reported data collection. Although studies like this have a place in the scientific literature, they are not the strongest level of evidence upon which to base conclusions. In fact the conclusions in the study are not the same as those reported in the article. There is no statement about causative relationships – only that there is an association between the alcohol intake and the reporting of melanoma findings. It is a bit of a stretch to state that drinking alcohol causes melanoma…

DVD

dvd
                                                              Participant

Not to disparage the author's study, but this should be taken for what it is – a retrospective, self-reported data collection. Although studies like this have a place in the scientific literature, they are not the strongest level of evidence upon which to base conclusions. In fact the conclusions in the study are not the same as those reported in the article. There is no statement about causative relationships – only that there is an association between the alcohol intake and the reporting of melanoma findings. It is a bit of a stretch to state that drinking alcohol causes melanoma…

DVD

dvd
                                                                Participant

DVD

ed williams
                                                                    Participant

I would sign up for any study that would look at drinking alcohol to prevent future reoccurance!!!! As long as I get to drink rum and coke!!! I would also want to be in the arm that was looking for max tolerated amount. Best Wishes and Cheers!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                      Participant

I would sign up for any study that would look at drinking alcohol to prevent future reoccurance!!!! As long as I get to drink rum and coke!!! I would also want to be in the arm that was looking for max tolerated amount. Best Wishes and Cheers!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics