The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sauna benefits?

Forums General Melanoma Community Sauna benefits?

Participant

Hello warriors,

do any of you go to sauna?  I have read a lot about benefits of infrared sauna, sounds kinda legit to me….

I'm more curious though about dry finnish sauna, my father has it in his house, we use to go all the time, but are now kinda scared to, just because its sooo hot from outside in, and kinda think that all that heat on the skin can't be good, or are we in the wrong?

Anyway, infrared sounds like a great complimentary method to treatment, what do you think?

Be well everybody!

Patrisa

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Scooby123
        Participant

Hi Patrisa,

i go and have a massage and reflexology every other week. Plus I love going to a health spa and go in the steam room and sauna too. I have arthritis in my back and neck so it helps with pain. My consultant said to me once when going to a health spa and they needed a letter to say I could have treatments. There is no reason why you cannot have treatments or enjoy the spa facilities.

scooby x

Scooby123
          Participant

Hi Patrisa,

i go and have a massage and reflexology every other week. Plus I love going to a health spa and go in the steam room and sauna too. I have arthritis in my back and neck so it helps with pain. My consultant said to me once when going to a health spa and they needed a letter to say I could have treatments. There is no reason why you cannot have treatments or enjoy the spa facilities.

scooby x

Scooby123
            Participant

Hi Patrisa,

scooby x

Linny
              Participant

I think the only time you need to worry about saunas or hot tubs is if you've have lymph node removal surgery. The high heat can damage tissues and cause fluid buildup, so I'd be really careful. I'd talk to my doctor about it. Both extreme heat and cold can do this. 

If you've never had lymph node removal surgery, then there should be not problem to sweating those toxins out of your body. ๐Ÿ˜€

Linny
                Participant

I think the only time you need to worry about saunas or hot tubs is if you've have lymph node removal surgery. The high heat can damage tissues and cause fluid buildup, so I'd be really careful. I'd talk to my doctor about it. Both extreme heat and cold can do this. 

If you've never had lymph node removal surgery, then there should be not problem to sweating those toxins out of your body. ๐Ÿ˜€

Linny
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics