The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sandy from Buffalo

Forums General Melanoma Community Sandy from Buffalo

Participant

I'm sad to report that Sandy from Buffalo passed away yesterday at 9 am. She was moved into Hospice last weekend. She was known here on the new board as Sandra Dee, since, for some reason, she was unable to register as Sandy from Buffalo.

She's fought a long hard battle with melanoma, and was well known here at the MPIP for her many contributions for a long time, so I thought it should be posted here. I'll pass along a link to her obituary when I receive it.

Dian in spokane

I'm sad to report that Sandy from Buffalo passed away yesterday at 9 am. She was moved into Hospice last weekend. She was known here on the new board as Sandra Dee, since, for some reason, she was unable to register as Sandy from Buffalo.

She's fought a long hard battle with melanoma, and was well known here at the MPIP for her many contributions for a long time, so I thought it should be posted here. I'll pass along a link to her obituary when I receive it.

Dian in spokane

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

So sad. While Sandy is no longer in pain and her spirit is free her family is left to deal with this. Sandy helped so many with messages of encouragement and info about nutrition. She will be remembered by many on this board for her great attitude and help. Thank you for posting Dian.

I hate this disease…..

linda

lhaley
          Participant

So sad. While Sandy is no longer in pain and her spirit is free her family is left to deal with this. Sandy helped so many with messages of encouragement and info about nutrition. She will be remembered by many on this board for her great attitude and help. Thank you for posting Dian.

I hate this disease…..

linda

Lori C
            Participant

The toll from this disease can feel overwhelming.  I am so sorry for her loss, and her family & loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori C
              Participant

The toll from this disease can feel overwhelming.  I am so sorry for her loss, and her family & loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers.

sbg979
                Participant

As a friend and neighbor of Sandy for over 8 years I can tell you that she was the kindest and most caring person you would ever want to meet.  Even with her own issues from her Stage IV MEL she would always reach out to others even when in pain or when having a bad day.  She did this with a smile and with a positive attitude.  He smile would light up a room and make everyone else around her just a little better that day.  She survived almost 4 years from her original diagnosis and fought the fight hard and now is pain free and in a better place.  She should be a role model for all of us. 

Any time you are by a lake, river or ocean she will be there looking down upon you.  That was her favorite place. 

The link below is the obit from the local funeral home. 

http://www.demmerleyfuneralhome.com/index.cfm

Steven B

sbg979
                  Participant

As a friend and neighbor of Sandy for over 8 years I can tell you that she was the kindest and most caring person you would ever want to meet.  Even with her own issues from her Stage IV MEL she would always reach out to others even when in pain or when having a bad day.  She did this with a smile and with a positive attitude.  He smile would light up a room and make everyone else around her just a little better that day.  She survived almost 4 years from her original diagnosis and fought the fight hard and now is pain free and in a better place.  She should be a role model for all of us. 

Any time you are by a lake, river or ocean she will be there looking down upon you.  That was her favorite place. 

The link below is the obit from the local funeral home. 

http://www.demmerleyfuneralhome.com/index.cfm

Steven B

leni currie
                    Participant

Sandy – bright eyes and a huge smile – amazing worker bee at the Dean Hedstrom Memorial Golf Outing in Tampa last May – supporter to so many other warriors and to caregivers – that is how I remember her – taken too soon.  Thanks my firend for a great weekend!

leni currie
                      Participant

Sandy – bright eyes and a huge smile – amazing worker bee at the Dean Hedstrom Memorial Golf Outing in Tampa last May – supporter to so many other warriors and to caregivers – that is how I remember her – taken too soon.  Thanks my firend for a great weekend!

MariaH
                        Participant

This is such sad news. Although we never met her, we used to joke about passing her in the halls at Roswell.  She was a source of strength for so many here and her optimism will be missed greatly. May she rest in peace.  Prayers go out to all those whose lives she has touched, and there were many.

MariaH
                          Participant

This is such sad news. Although we never met her, we used to joke about passing her in the halls at Roswell.  She was a source of strength for so many here and her optimism will be missed greatly. May she rest in peace.  Prayers go out to all those whose lives she has touched, and there were many.

MaryD
                            Participant

I too had the pleasure of meeting Sandy at the Dean Headstrom Golf Foundation tournament just last May.   Her bright shining face and smile did light up a room and it seems so hard to believe that she is gone.   I'm sure she is in heaven smiling down on her family and her dear girls – she will be missed so much!

Mary

MaryD
                              Participant

I too had the pleasure of meeting Sandy at the Dean Headstrom Golf Foundation tournament just last May.   Her bright shining face and smile did light up a room and it seems so hard to believe that she is gone.   I'm sure she is in heaven smiling down on her family and her dear girls – she will be missed so much!

Mary

Jim M.
                                Participant

I also met Sandy at the Dean Hedstrom Golf Tournament. She was funny, graceful, caring and lit up my life with her smile. I'm crying now, realizing in that brief encounter how much I miss her. On the other hand I know she's resting in our Lord's loving arms, free of this awful disease. Now you're lighting up heaven Sandy!!!

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                  Participant

I also met Sandy at the Dean Hedstrom Golf Tournament. She was funny, graceful, caring and lit up my life with her smile. I'm crying now, realizing in that brief encounter how much I miss her. On the other hand I know she's resting in our Lord's loving arms, free of this awful disease. Now you're lighting up heaven Sandy!!!

Jim M.

BethA in VA
                                    Participant

This is very sad.  I will keep her family and friends in  my thoughts and prayers.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                      Participant

This is very sad.  I will keep her family and friends in  my thoughts and prayers.  Beth 3/B

Sherron
                                        Participant

Oh, this just breaks my heart to hear of another loss from this horrible, horrible disease.  I am so sorry for Sandy's family  and friends loss and pray for comfort for them. 

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                                          Participant

Oh, this just breaks my heart to hear of another loss from this horrible, horrible disease.  I am so sorry for Sandy's family  and friends loss and pray for comfort for them. 

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

KellieSue
                                            Participant

So sad to hear this.

She always commented on my posts and gave me good advice. Such a tragic loss.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

KellieSue
                                              Participant

So sad to hear this.

She always commented on my posts and gave me good advice. Such a tragic loss.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics