The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sad Week at MPIP

Forums General Melanoma Community Sad Week at MPIP

Participant

I am a little depressed and troubled by the events of this week. Been lurking and posting on this site for about 1 year now and have not seen another period of time when so many have left us or have called on hospice.

This is sad.

Nicki , Sta        ,

I am a little depressed and troubled by the events of this week. Been lurking and posting on this site for about 1 year now and have not seen another period of time when so many have left us or have called on hospice.

This is sad.

Nicki , Sta        ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

unfortunately it has happened too often in years past.  When this occurs often the board gets real quite for awhile, sometimes you have to take a break.

That's why it's important for people to post their good news to help balance the hope and emotions.

Drew N
            Participant

I heard the call (for good news). I went in for my checkup at MDA last Monday and my bloodwork, x-rays, and derm were all good. They did punch out a 3mm mole they'd been watching and I found out yesterday it was negative. That's 2 years out from INF (1 month hi-dose) and 2 1/2 from the bad lymph node. I'm continuing 2000 mg of curcumin per-day, and may start geranium extract.

And I pray for a cure for all of us.

Drew

lhaley
              Participant

That's great news Drew!  Thanks for the post! You need to post this with it's own topic to let people know your good news!

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

That's great news Drew!  Thanks for the post! You need to post this with it's own topic to let people know your good news!

Linda

Drew N
                  Participant

I heard the call (for good news). I went in for my checkup at MDA last Monday and my bloodwork, x-rays, and derm were all good. They did punch out a 3mm mole they'd been watching and I found out yesterday it was negative. That's 2 years out from INF (1 month hi-dose) and 2 1/2 from the bad lymph node. I'm continuing 2000 mg of curcumin per-day, and may start geranium extract.

And I pray for a cure for all of us.

Drew

lhaley
                  Participant

unfortunately it has happened too often in years past.  When this occurs often the board gets real quite for awhile, sometimes you have to take a break.

That's why it's important for people to post their good news to help balance the hope and emotions.

FormerCaregiver
                    Participant

I think that we all share your feelings about the events of the week. Please remember that
                      you are not alone. It is in the difficult times when we can feel that God is closest to
                      us.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                      Participant

I think that we all share your feelings about the events of the week. Please remember that
                        you are not alone. It is in the difficult times when we can feel that God is closest to
                        us.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

Sherron
                        Participant

I, too, feel this has been a very say place lately, with Amy's passing, and Deb's Bob passing…It just broke my heart.  It has been 6 months since Jim's death.  I am thinking that it may be a time for me to leave the board and try to find some healing, happiness and joy in my life is possible.  You all will always be in my heart.  This place has been a constant in my life for almost 5 years.  It is hard to leave, but I feel for now, it's time for me to leave.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

nicoli
                            Participant

I think you are probably right. Begin to heal, live your new life. May the Lord bless you.

Nicki

nicoli
                              Participant

I think you are probably right. Begin to heal, live your new life. May the Lord bless you.

Nicki

Sherron
                              Participant

I, too, feel this has been a very say place lately, with Amy's passing, and Deb's Bob passing…It just broke my heart.  It has been 6 months since Jim's death.  I am thinking that it may be a time for me to leave the board and try to find some healing, happiness and joy in my life is possible.  You all will always be in my heart.  This place has been a constant in my life for almost 5 years.  It is hard to leave, but I feel for now, it's time for me to leave.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics