The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

RUDY’S SCAN TODAY READS STILL NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE!

Forums General Melanoma Community RUDY’S SCAN TODAY READS STILL NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE!

Participant

Hello to all! It has been a while since I have posted here although I do check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. We have been busy with living life and our biggest struggle has been letting go of the fear of recurrence.  Today Rudy had his 4 month check up and PET/CT scan which revealed that he remains NED! For those of you new to this site you can read my profile for details of my husbands melanoma journey. A quick summary is that he was diagnosed in February 2013 with stage 4 nodular malignant melanoma.  Originating from a mole on his lower left leg with metastases to his liver (15+ tumors) and his left groin lymph node. Treatment started with Zelboraf (which was working but he had severe side effects) and then when the Dabrafinib/Mekinist combo became available he started the combo and eventually began an intermittent dosage schedule and by November of 2013 he showed no evidence of disease.  

Rudy took a 6 month break recently from the combo with no return of disease as the scan today reveals! Amazing! I am compelled to share with you that since the first week following his diagnosis he began taking cannabis oil in the recommended amount to cure cancer and remains to this day taking it at a very low dosage.  That is the only medication/treatment that he has steadily taken since being diagnosed.  I know it was a gamble to go off of the combo and his oncologist did not support him doing it but it was something he felt he had to do. I think mainly it was for two reasons the first being a quality of life issue and the second being he wanted to know what role, if any, the oil played in his success at beating melanoma thus far. We realize that there is no science to his study so to speak (most would say only stupidity, lol) but he was told that if he were to stop taking the combo that melanoma would come back immediately and with a vengeance.  Is six months enough time to give it to come back? According to his doctor for most people the answer is yes. Rudy is not like most people according to his oncologist.

I should also note that Rudy's oncologist was very leery of the cannabis oil and its effect on cancer in the beginning of his treatment, however, at every appointment he and I shared information on latest treatments which included cannabis oil and he now advises me that a huge percentage of his patients are taking the oil as additional treatment to conventional treatment.  I believe that one day soon there will be clinical trials being done in all major cancer centers on cannabis oil as a cancer treatment as the positive results of it curing cancer can no longer be denied and his doctor now agrees with that sentiment. Go figure! I have no reason to give false hope to anyone and I just want to give you good information and maybe some hope because it  worked for my husband.  It may not work for everyone but it is worth trying as there are no toxic side effects at all and it can be taken in conjunction with most conventional treatments. My best advice is to be open minded and combine both conventional and alternative treatments along with a fighting spirit, full of hope and lots of love, and most importantly to us is faith in a higher power and knowing that our God is in control of it all.  Good luck to you all on your journey and know that I pray for you all! Blessings!

Gina (wife to Rudy, melanoma warrior winning the battle)

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Casitas1
        Participant

I started CBD cancer protocol a week after starting Keytruda. I had a golf ball sized tumor in cheek that popped through to my mouth. used the CBD both topically and orally. Tumor started shrinking one week before 2nd infusion and NED after 10th. At the very least it helped greatly with nausea and appatite loss and pain.

Best, Paul

Casitas1
          Participant

I started CBD cancer protocol a week after starting Keytruda. I had a golf ball sized tumor in cheek that popped through to my mouth. used the CBD both topically and orally. Tumor started shrinking one week before 2nd infusion and NED after 10th. At the very least it helped greatly with nausea and appatite loss and pain.

Best, Paul

GAngel
              Participant

Paul,

That is wonderful to hear that it helped you in the ways that you are able to confirm.  It also helps my husband with those things as well.  The only way to really know what effect it has on cancer is to stop treatment or forgo conventional treatment all together which many, understandably, are not willing to do.  I know of many cancer patients that were cured with cannabis oil alone and no other treatment. My husband chose to do both but after 2 and half years of the same treatment and its side effects, he felt he was at a crossroad when he was told he needed to continue on the combo until it stops working!  Assuredly the oil does have positive benefits and we have always believed that it has been the key to his success in beating this disease to date. 

Best of luck to you and wishing you continued NED status.

Gina 

GAngel
                Participant

Paul,

That is wonderful to hear that it helped you in the ways that you are able to confirm.  It also helps my husband with those things as well.  The only way to really know what effect it has on cancer is to stop treatment or forgo conventional treatment all together which many, understandably, are not willing to do.  I know of many cancer patients that were cured with cannabis oil alone and no other treatment. My husband chose to do both but after 2 and half years of the same treatment and its side effects, he felt he was at a crossroad when he was told he needed to continue on the combo until it stops working!  Assuredly the oil does have positive benefits and we have always believed that it has been the key to his success in beating this disease to date. 

Gina 

GAngel
                  Participant

Paul,

Gina 

Casitas1
                  Participant

Best, Paul

SABKLYN
                    Participant

Great news!

SABKLYN
                      Participant

Great news!

SABKLYN
                        Participant

Great news!

Jon M
                          Participant

What brand of cannabis oil did he use

Jon M
                            Participant

Jon M
                              Participant

GAngel
                                  Participant

Hello Jon,

In the beginning he got it from a friend of a friend who was giving it to cancer patients. However, knowing that obtaining it that way was unreliable as far as how it was made and if it contained the appropriate amount of CBD's he researched it in great detail and got connected with knowledgeable people using it to cure cancer and other diseases.  

He then obtained a prescription from a doctor because medical marijuana is legal here in California and he started growing his own plants (I guess there are different varieties and for the oil you need a specific kind) and he started making the oil for his own personal consumption.  It has to be pure cannabis oil, not hemp oil or hemp seed oil.  Unfortunately, I believe it is hard to get a hold of in a lot of states especially if it's not legal.

I hope that answer helps.  Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of any of the brand names of cannabis oil or their reliability.  

Gina

GAngel
                                    Participant

Hello Jon,

In the beginning he got it from a friend of a friend who was giving it to cancer patients. However, knowing that obtaining it that way was unreliable as far as how it was made and if it contained the appropriate amount of CBD's he researched it in great detail and got connected with knowledgeable people using it to cure cancer and other diseases.  

He then obtained a prescription from a doctor because medical marijuana is legal here in California and he started growing his own plants (I guess there are different varieties and for the oil you need a specific kind) and he started making the oil for his own personal consumption.  It has to be pure cannabis oil, not hemp oil or hemp seed oil.  Unfortunately, I believe it is hard to get a hold of in a lot of states especially if it's not legal.

I hope that answer helps.  Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of any of the brand names of cannabis oil or their reliability.  

Gina

Jon M
                                      Participant

Thank you for the info, I dont know how i would obtain it since my state of Indiana makes it illegal. I figured i would look into it tho it cant hurt. Thanks again

Jon M
                                        Participant

Thank you for the info, I dont know how i would obtain it since my state of Indiana makes it illegal. I figured i would look into it tho it cant hurt. Thanks again

Jon M
                                          Participant

GAngel
                                            Participant

Hello Jon,

Gina

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics