The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Round 7 in the books!

Forums General Melanoma Community Round 7 in the books!

Participant

Hey Warriors! 

I just returned from Houston and round 7 of Pembro. Its looking like a surgery will happen early next month to clean out all the wreckage left behind by the PV-10 injections near my left clavicle. Apparently since the doses/volumes were so high with the PV-10 my body is having a hard time clearing out all of the remaining tumor (and it was big to start with). I was told today that I am classifed as a "complete responder" to the PV-10 so that's pretty cool.

I never thought I'd say this, but Im looking forward to the surgery! After months of bandages and PV-10 purple leakage from the injection site….I will once again be able to wear a white shirt! Plus, to me, this is the finishing blow to a tumor that signals a victory on the battlefield. Now, getting these last two tumors wiped out will be cause for a real victory celebration…I'm working on it.

Taking the Pembro alone is proving to be much easier than the combination therapy and side effects are almost nil on the last two rounds.

I hope you are all fighting hard and perhaps more important than fighting hard all the time, staying in the fight! 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillB
        Participant

Great news Tex.  Good reason to celebrate today, tomorrow and the next day!  I will be receiving Keytruda infusion #10 on Thursday. Bill

Marksa2570
          Participant

Great news Tex.   So inspiring you are doing so well!   Keep up the good fight.    

TexMelanomex
              Participant

I appreciate it, you all are very inspiring to me!

Bubbles
              Participant

Awesomeness!!!  "COMPLETE RESPONDER" to the PV-10!!!  Love it!  Fingers crossed that a by-stander response combined with the pembro will finish things off!!!  Hope the surgery goes as well as possible!  Good job, you!!!  Celeste

TexMelanomex
                  Participant

Thanks Celeste! When they publish the data on this, I'll be the "complete responder" with the ridiculously high dosage…I should be easy to spot in the study 🙂 

Coragirl
                  Participant

Yay! Congratulations. 

CancerSpouse
                    Participant

Hi Tex,

Just saw this post. Great news! Did you have surgery? If so, how's everything going? ~ Carol

Viewing 4 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics