The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Round 4 of Pembro Behind Me!

Forums General Melanoma Community Round 4 of Pembro Behind Me!

Participant

Hello folks! just a quick note to say hello & hope ya all are decent {atleast} and continue with proper care as we all battle a common enemy, Melanoma….

Today i roled on down to local Juice Bar & had my 4th round of that yummy Pembrolizumab with a beer back of ocean water {Sodium Hydro} so, im feeling pretty good these days i get acculamated to the stuff, my first 2 rounds where a little "Low Energy", apetite was all over the place "up & down" but now im good to go except maybe one thing, my Tattoos are still reacting to the med, raised like braille, lumpy in some spots, byt no itch or anything…My oncologist ordered a couple scans to check progress, MRI for the ol' brain, and a CT for my chest {my tumors are in both Lungs} so, lookin forward to that! fingers crossed!, iv already heard some great news earlier from a brother of ours here at MRF with quite a bit of reduction!! ya all take good care & ill be back soon, thanks again to all who contribute "plain English" on our desease, and even to those who are just newbies lookin for support…Your Brother, Mike

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        adrianc
        Participant

Good to hear that you are feeling better,Mike.Wishing you the best of results with your upcoming scans.Stay in the fight.

jbronicki
          Participant

Stay tough MM, keeping fingers crossed too for great scans!

jbronicki
            Participant

Stay tough MM, keeping fingers crossed too for great scans!

Bubbles
              Participant

Hang tough with your pembro bug juice!!!  Will have all fingers and toes crossed for your scans!!! c

BillB
                Participant

Good luck Mike, you Tex and I seem to be on the same schedule for infusions. Completed mine yesterday. Interestingly, my father was also in VietNam and was also exposed to agent orange. Don’t know what to make of that. Anyway crossing my fingers you scans are  successful.

Bill

TexMelanomex
                  Participant

Right on Big Mike! The tattoo thing really makes me wonder about whats goign on with that…I have a few also but I don't get that reaction. Looking forward to you posting great news on your scans brother! Warrior On!

CancerSpouse
                    Participant

Way to go Juice Man! Glad to hear you're tolerating the blend better these days. Now if the tatts would just come on board! John is having his 9th Pembro infusion tomorrow, without the clinical trial drug — SD-101 — for the first time since his very first infusion in October. We're hoping for smoother sailing now that the clinical trial is done. Hang in there and keep us posted on your scans! ~ Carol

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics