The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

RIP Don Lee

Forums General Melanoma Community RIP Don Lee

Participant

Some of you may remember Don Lee of Worcester, MASS. Don was diagnosed out of the blue with Stage IV including brain mets almost 2 years ago. Don and his wife Janet fought valiently. He tried every available treatment and benefitted from most of them. Surviving 2 years with a widely disseminated melanoma is remarkable and he made the most of his time. He got to dance at one daughter's wedding and to see his first grandchild born and begin to walk. He enjoyed walks on the beach with Janet, downsizing to a gorgeous condo with no upkeep, and celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and Cecelia's first Christmas. But eventually the cancer won out. He passed last Thursday. Here is a very nice obituary for Don Lee online. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant

I remember Janet and Don. This is so sad to hear and I pray for peace & comfort for Janet and family.

JoshF
          Participant

I remember Janet and Don. This is so sad to hear and I pray for peace & comfort for Janet and family.

JoshF
            Participant

kpcollins31
              Participant

Very sorry to hear this. Glad that he was able to have some very positive experiences with his family during those two years of battle.

Kevin 

MoCedar
                  Participant

Like all of those who have been to Hell and back again fighting the monster, Don was a true warrior. RIP Don.  My deepest admiration and thanks is being sent to his courageous wife and best friend Janet Lee.  As difficult and all-consuming as Don's fight was for Don and Janet she always found the time to provide unconditional support to those caregivers who's loved ones were fighting for their life and to those who's loved one lost the battle – especially me!  I will forever grateful to this Board for connecting me to people like Janet Lee and POW who helped me throught my darkest nightmare.  Keep up the fight and beat this Beast forever.

MoCedar
                    Participant

Like all of those who have been to Hell and back again fighting the monster, Don was a true warrior. RIP Don.  My deepest admiration and thanks is being sent to his courageous wife and best friend Janet Lee.  As difficult and all-consuming as Don's fight was for Don and Janet she always found the time to provide unconditional support to those caregivers who's loved ones were fighting for their life and to those who's loved one lost the battle – especially me!  I will forever grateful to this Board for connecting me to people like Janet Lee and POW who helped me throught my darkest nightmare.  Keep up the fight and beat this Beast forever.

MoCedar
                      Participant

kpcollins31
                      Participant

Very sorry to hear this. Glad that he was able to have some very positive experiences with his family during those two years of battle.

Kevin 

kpcollins31
                        Participant

Kevin 

JustMeInCA
                          Participant

So sorry to hear this, and wishing for strength and comfort for his family. What a beautifully written obituary. 

JustMeInCA
                            Participant

So sorry to hear this, and wishing for strength and comfort for his family. What a beautifully written obituary. 

JustMeInCA
                              Participant

BrianP
                                Participant

I remember Don and Janet as well. Prayers for Janet and their family. Thanks for sharing Pat. 

BrianP
                                  Participant

I remember Don and Janet as well. Prayers for Janet and their family. Thanks for sharing Pat. 

BrianP
                                    Participant

liberty04281
                                      Participant
                                        POW posted last at 1/18 2015.
                                        liberty04281
                                        Participant
                                          liberty04281
                                          Participant
                                        Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics