The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results PD1 after 12 weeks

Forums General Melanoma Community Results PD1 after 12 weeks

Participant

Hi Everyone,
      We want to share our good news with all the warriors who have supported us through this amazing forum.
      My husband, Jacques, had treatment with Z back in January – which helped but very shortly developed Stevens Johnson. Then followed treatment with Yervoy in March – after two infusions had to stop because tumors were growing exponentially :( Spent 6 weeks without treatment – the longest weeks ever!
      June 7th he started MK 3475, Scans of targeted tumors in May 10th showed: liver the biggest at 5.9 cm x 7.0 cm, another one at 3.9 cm x 4.8 cm, lung tumors were at 2.1 cm x 1.8 cm, and 1.9 cm x 1.8 cm, and many other ones. By August 27th CT scan (12 weeks) all of them showed a 73-85% reduction!!! Treatment center even repeated the CT scans 4 wks later and still showed more reduction :)
      We are super delighted, excited, and are so encourage that we are going to beat this beast! (well at least hoping to)
      Jacques has come around from no walking, no talking, and sleeping all day … to having our first hike this past Sunday, and going swimming in the ocean on Monday.
      Take care all of you, keep praying, never give up!
      Elenise & Jacques

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Elenise,

That is fantastic!  I'm so happy for you and Jacques.  Thanks for sharing the uplifting update.  There have been a lot these great reports lately and I hope we can all keep this trend going!

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

Elenise,

That is fantastic!  I'm so happy for you and Jacques.  Thanks for sharing the uplifting update.  There have been a lot these great reports lately and I hope we can all keep this trend going!

Brian

BrianP
            Participant

Elenise,

Brian

tasjacques
                Participant

Thank you everyone, you can not imagine how much have you help with your post, comments, responses, and unconditional support that is why we wanted to share our good news that we hope will be for many other ones new news.

Like my daughter said 'It is insane' how fast he is recovering, and we are loving it.

Like so many of you have said, keep fighting, and hopefully the light will show soon.

Peace and love to all of you,

Elenise

tasjacques
                  Participant

Thank you everyone, you can not imagine how much have you help with your post, comments, responses, and unconditional support that is why we wanted to share our good news that we hope will be for many other ones new news.

Like my daughter said 'It is insane' how fast he is recovering, and we are loving it.

Like so many of you have said, keep fighting, and hopefully the light will show soon.

Elenise

tasjacques
                    Participant

Elenise

JoshF
                    Participant

That's great….I'm so happy for you both. Intially reading your post it sounded like there was a long period of darkness and now there is light. Wishing continued success, this drug sounds very promising!!!!

Josh

JoshF
                      Participant

That's great….I'm so happy for you both. Intially reading your post it sounded like there was a long period of darkness and now there is light. Wishing continued success, this drug sounds very promising!!!!

Josh

JoshF
                        Participant

Josh

Tina D
                          Participant

Truly wonderful news! What a happy picture to think of him going from the condition he was in, to hiking and swimming!!!! Thank you for posting this encouragement and I rejoice over your good news ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                            Participant

Truly wonderful news! What a happy picture to think of him going from the condition he was in, to hiking and swimming!!!! Thank you for posting this encouragement and I rejoice over your good news ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

Kim41
                                Participant
                                  So glad to hear your good news. It gives us all hope. I am happy and will keep you in my prayers.

Kim41
                                  Participant
                                    So glad to hear your good news. It gives us all hope. I am happy and will keep you in my prayers.

Kim41
                                    Participant

Jwfd808
                                      Participant
                                        I also have stage 4 and just had the pleasure to meet Jacques, it seem we both have the same Oncologist and we had an opportunity to talk on the phone earlier during the week I’m hoping we will be able to help support each other. It was really a great pleasure today to spend time with Jacques I look forward to more time together and it great to hear his great news.
                                        My best goes out to the both of you.
                                        Jwfd808
                                        Participant
                                          I also have stage 4 and just had the pleasure to meet Jacques, it seem we both have the same Oncologist and we had an opportunity to talk on the phone earlier during the week I’m hoping we will be able to help support each other. It was really a great pleasure today to spend time with Jacques I look forward to more time together and it great to hear his great news.
                                            Positivity2014
                                            Participant

Hello stage 4 on yervoy at moment with brain mets found.  We are willing to travel anywhere in the world need to find the PD1 drug.  This is a monster and not ready to give up.  On yervoy feeling disorientated and having problems walking.  Can anyone she some light is that normal for yervoy and PD1 an option where?  Desperate

Positivity2014
                                              Participant

Hello stage 4 on yervoy at moment with brain mets found.  We are willing to travel anywhere in the world need to find the PD1 drug.  This is a monster and not ready to give up.  On yervoy feeling disorientated and having problems walking.  Can anyone she some light is that normal for yervoy and PD1 an option where?  Desperate

Positivity2014
                                                Participant

Jwfd808
                                                Participant
                                                  JerryfromFauq
                                                  Participant

Whoopee!

JerryfromFauq
                                                    Participant

Whoopee!

JerryfromFauq
                                                      Participant

Whoopee!

bkinman
                                                        Participant
                                                          Great news. Tears of joy for you as I read. Ptl. Hope for us all.
                                                          bkinman
                                                          Participant
                                                            bkinman
                                                            Participant
                                                          Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics