The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

responding to BRAIN METS!! :)

Forums General Melanoma Community responding to BRAIN METS!! :)

Participant
      So 6 weeks ago my husband’s scans came in. And after taf/Mel combo. Yearvoy whole brain radiation and srs the results where horrible!!!! To many brain Mets to count, cancer growing everywhere! The put him on keytruda. When we went back 3 weeks later his LDH levels went from 800 to 300. They had planned on sending us home on hospices. But the gave us the 2nd round of keytruda. Today we went back and the doc said keytruda is working in his brain. I ask him how he knows and he said because he’s alive. If it wasn’t working in his brain he would have died 2 weeks ago! He also said keytruda does not work one or two months like some drugs can but that now we are looking at YEARS! We went in the matter of 6 weeks from you have 3 weeks to live to years. This keytruda was our last hope. And thank God it’s working!!!! People ask a lot if keytruda can cross the blood brain barrier, yes it can!!!! The doc ended out appointment saying you are no longer dying!!!! Best words ever. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!!! The doc is even amazed Thank God!!!
    Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Crystale, so glad to hear your news.  I recently started Keytruda and am also feeling like the options are limited if it doesn't work.  It's nice to hear a good story.  Best of luck to you and your husband.

Mat
          Participant

Crystale, so glad to hear your news.  I recently started Keytruda and am also feeling like the options are limited if it doesn't work.  It's nice to hear a good story.  Best of luck to you and your husband.

Brendan
              Participant

Great news, Crystale.  Congrats to your and your husband!  Enjoy.

Brendan

Brendan
                Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                  Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                    Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                      Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                        Participant

Brendan

Eileensulliv
                          Participant

What a wonderful post! Great news!

Eileensulliv
                            Participant

Eileensulliv
                              Participant

Mat
                              Participant

ed williams
                                Participant

So happy for you and your husband!!!! Ed

ed williams
                                  Participant

ed williams
                                    Participant

jbronicki
                                      Participant

That is wonderful news for your husband, you and your family.  I'm hoping for many years for you all to be together!  

jbronicki
                                        Participant

That is wonderful news for your husband, you and your family.  I'm hoping for many years for you all to be together!  

jbronicki
                                          Participant

LuckyMan51
                                            Participant

This is awesome!!!    As soon as I clear up my 2/11/15 post surgical brain infection I am going in for another SRS and then start Anti Pd-1 treatment.   Was a bit anxious having to delay treatment while this infection clears but can't start anti pd-1 with infection as it might cause a flare up. Posts like this are so great to hear and really give one the strength to keep moving forward! Congratulations on this amazing news!   

LuckyMan51
                                              Participant

This is awesome!!!    As soon as I clear up my 2/11/15 post surgical brain infection I am going in for another SRS and then start Anti Pd-1 treatment.   Was a bit anxious having to delay treatment while this infection clears but can't start anti pd-1 with infection as it might cause a flare up. Posts like this are so great to hear and really give one the strength to keep moving forward! Congratulations on this amazing news!   

LuckyMan51
                                                Participant

_Paul_
                                                  Participant

What fantastic news Crystale! Thanks for sharing it.

_Paul_
                                                    Participant

_Paul_
                                                      Participant

JoshF
                                                        Participant

Yes!Yes!Yes! Great to hear!

JoshF
                                                          Participant

JoshF
                                                            Participant

rosa1
                                                              Participant

Great news Crystale! This gives hope to all of us especially the ones fighting brain mets. I wish you and your husband the best!

rosa1
                                                                Participant

Great news Crystale! This gives hope to all of us especially the ones fighting brain mets. I wish you and your husband the best!

rosa1
                                                                  Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                                    Participant

Oh my God. Thank you for posting. It warms my heart. I've had 15 doses of keytruda and hoping for a miracle in my third scan with it. Wow. That is an amazing story. I am so happy.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                                      Participant

Oh my God. Thank you for posting. It warms my heart. I've had 15 doses of keytruda and hoping for a miracle in my third scan with it. Wow. That is an amazing story. I am so happy.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                                        Participant

Artie

SABKLYN
                                                                          Participant

Terrific!

SABKLYN
                                                                            Participant

Terrific!

SABKLYN
                                                                              Participant

Terrific!

kpcollins31
                                                                                Participant

Awesome… so encouraging to hear the progress being made over just the past couple years with these new treatments. Congratulations!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                                  Participant

Awesome… so encouraging to hear the progress being made over just the past couple years with these new treatments. Congratulations!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                                    Participant

Kevin

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics