The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Resource from the North you might enjoy

Forums General Melanoma Community Resource from the North you might enjoy

Participant

Happened across a Canadian Melanoma site called, "Save Your Skin" started by a woman who was diagnosed at Stage IV in 2003. 

One thing I found interesting is this series of patient stories some fairly new and others long term survivors in their pictures and words ("Melanoma through my Lens").  Reminded me of how I felt while in the thick of the fight and I felt it might be inspirational to others on this board:

https://saveyourskin.ca/melanoma-through-my-lens/ 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        dessie
        Participant

This was hopeful and moving  …..thank you… 

sister of patient
          Participant

Thank you for posting this link!! It's a nice resource for those up here who want to help or give back in some way!!

Barb

(Ontario)

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics