The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

reoccurrence at neck dissection scar

Forums General Melanoma Community reoccurrence at neck dissection scar

Participant
      Hi, Everyone
      I got results of ct scans today. “findings are in keeping with likely recurrent disease and metastatic disease”. I have multiple palpable lymph nodes on or near my scar from neck dissection done in Oct 2018. They are very small. Also, “ soft tissue nodule 3mm overlying right sternocleidomastoid concerning for disease recurrence”. A needle biopsy is being scheduled for me soon. I was diagnosed stage 3c when i first had the melanoma in my lymph nodes . waiting for results of these tests is agonizing!
      Does anyone know what stage I will be if the biopsy is positive?
      Has anyone experienced similar progression near their surgery scar?
      I’m trying to stay positive and praying for you all!
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Hi Cindy Lou! Thats not part of our plan for you! No, no, no! Ok, another deep breath and we move forward into battle once again, we have our boots on lets do this! Well, as for me & my past Pop Ups with Melanoma tumors, my Left leg has had 6 different surgerys and my leg measures just about 30 inches in length, 20 inch thigh & 15 inch calf circumference (yes im short, 5’7 but i dare ya to love me!) So, do the math, 6 different surgery points all are fairly close to eachother on my left leg including groins lymphnodes, my sixth surgery was deemed a New Primary! That was my last leg surgery of 2017, and that new primary is related to the DNA of my lung lesions and most likey all the others that have sprouted since! Crazy stuff were dealing with, never a dull moment for us! Keep us posted sister…
          lkb
          Participant
            Cindy Lou, I’ve had local recurrence at both my WLE site (scalp) and my partial neck-dissection site. Please search under my name or the keyword “intralesional” for my recent post on IL-12 plus electroporation, plus Pembro. I’m having good results from this trial., so far. If that’;s of interest, you could ask your oncologist about it. Keep us posted.
            Cindy Lou
            Participant
              Thanks for the replies & the info! I’ve got my boots on. Let’s fight this!
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics