The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Reaching out!

Forums General Melanoma Community Reaching out!

Participant
      Hello all,

I am currently at NIH preparing to receive my billions of TIL cells in just a few hours. While I have a tremendous network of support close to me, I could use all the positive waves to help my cells do their job! I figured who better than fellow warriors to help tip the scales?

So if you have a little extra energy on the plus side today, please send a shout out this direction.

I have such admiration for everything the people on this site go through, have gone through and contribute. May all of our “data” add up to cure soon.

Best, Troy

Hello all,

I am currently at NIH preparing to receive my billions of TIL cells in just a few hours. While I have a tremendous network of support close to me, I could use all the positive waves to help my cells do their job! I figured who better than fellow warriors to help tip the scales?

So if you have a little extra energy on the plus side today, please send a shout out this direction.

I have such admiration for everything the people on this site go through, have gone through and contribute. May all of our “data” add up to cure soon.

Best, Troy

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

I am overflowing with positivity this weekend.It is my bday on Sun. Something I will enjoy with the family.Aftet last March diagnosis and where I am today I am truly blessed.Feeling great wish everyone on site is doing just as good.There is Hope.All things are possible with good people and God.Hope the best possible outcome to you.Keep us posted.Praying for you.  Al

aldakota22
          Participant

I am overflowing with positivity this weekend.It is my bday on Sun. Something I will enjoy with the family.Aftet last March diagnosis and where I am today I am truly blessed.Feeling great wish everyone on site is doing just as good.There is Hope.All things are possible with good people and God.Hope the best possible outcome to you.Keep us posted.Praying for you.  Al

Linny
              Participant

Happy Birthday Al! I know the feeling. Hope you've planned a nice party for yourself. That's what I did for my birthday.

Linny
                Participant

Happy Birthday Al! I know the feeling. Hope you've planned a nice party for yourself. That's what I did for my birthday.

Linny
                  Participant

aldakota22
                  Participant

Roxy1453
                    Participant
                      Prayers coming your way! Stay possitive and strong, turn it over to God, He can handle it!

Nancy

Roxy1453
                      Participant
                        Prayers coming your way! Stay possitive and strong, turn it over to God, He can handle it!

Nancy

Roxy1453
                        Participant

Nancy

Linny
                          Participant

Best of luck to you, Troy! You will defintely be in my prayers. You're going to get through this!

Linny
                            Participant

Best of luck to you, Troy! You will defintely be in my prayers. You're going to get through this!

Linny
                              Participant

yoopergirl
                                Participant

Wishing you all the best in your treatment, thoughts and prayers going your way.

yoopergirl
                                  Participant

Wishing you all the best in your treatment, thoughts and prayers going your way.

yoopergirl
                                    Participant

MaryD
                                      Participant

Hi Troy,

Sending out lots of good thoughts and prayers that these billions of TIL cells do their job!   You are a brave warrior and we are all behind you!!

Best regards,

Mary

MaryD
                                        Participant

Hi Troy,

Sending out lots of good thoughts and prayers that these billions of TIL cells do their job!   You are a brave warrior and we are all behind you!!

Best regards,

Mary

MaryD
                                          Participant

Hi Troy,

Best regards,

Mary

Karin L
                                            Participant

Kick some good ole' tush Troy…we are cheering for you here!

Karin

Karin L
                                              Participant

Karin

Karin L
                                                Participant

Karin

Rebecca and Bob
                                                  Participant

Troy,

Sending you positive thoughts and lots of prayers that this treatment works for you. We go to NIH and think they are the best.

Rebecca 

Rebecca and Bob
                                                    Participant

Troy,

Sending you positive thoughts and lots of prayers that this treatment works for you. We go to NIH and think they are the best.

Rebecca 

Rebecca and Bob
                                                      Participant

Troy,

Rebecca 

TSchulz
                                                        Participant
                                                          Thanks so much. I felt the wave from near and far! Now I get to spend the weekend with our friend IL-2. I hope everyone has a great long weekend.
                                                          TSchulz
                                                          Participant
                                                            Thanks so much. I felt the wave from near and far! Now I get to spend the weekend with our friend IL-2. I hope everyone has a great long weekend.
                                                            TSchulz
                                                            Participant
                                                              Angela C
                                                              Participant

Yay! Happy Cell Day, Troy!! I'm so glad that you are past the chemo part and on to the cells. Best of luck with your IL-2 portion. I'll be saying some prayers for you. I hope chemo was easy for you and that the IL-2 isn't too bad. You are in good hands there at NIH!

~Angela

Angela C
                                                                Participant

Yay! Happy Cell Day, Troy!! I'm so glad that you are past the chemo part and on to the cells. Best of luck with your IL-2 portion. I'll be saying some prayers for you. I hope chemo was easy for you and that the IL-2 isn't too bad. You are in good hands there at NIH!

~Angela

Angela C
                                                                  Participant

~Angela

BrianP
                                                                    Participant

Praying for you Troy.  Please keep us updated.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                      Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                                                        Participant

Brian

Phil S
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Troy, Happy Birthday, my husband and I view his TIL day as his birthday of his new and hopefully improved immune system! Phil got his cells back at MD Anderson on May 9th, and is scheduled to start his second week of high dose IL2 on Wednesday. Hope you tolerate the IL2 okay, and my best advice is just rest and relax once you get home, be kind and patient with yourself. It’s exciting to have fighting T cells created just for you, so just chill and let them do the work! Best of luck, we are sending positive thoughts! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                              Phil S
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Troy, Happy Birthday, my husband and I view his TIL day as his birthday of his new and hopefully improved immune system! Phil got his cells back at MD Anderson on May 9th, and is scheduled to start his second week of high dose IL2 on Wednesday. Hope you tolerate the IL2 okay, and my best advice is just rest and relax once you get home, be kind and patient with yourself. It’s exciting to have fighting T cells created just for you, so just chill and let them do the work! Best of luck, we are sending positive thoughts! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                                Phil S
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                KRob
                                                                                Participant

Positive vibes, prayers, thoughts etc. being sent your way, from one stage IV to another!

May God be with you and your family as you battle on.

K

KRob
                                                                                  Participant

Positive vibes, prayers, thoughts etc. being sent your way, from one stage IV to another!

K

KRob
                                                                                    Participant

K

Swanee
                                                                                      Participant

Been thinking of you a lot Troy…..as you said you would be going to NIH for the TIL therapy the end of May.   My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family and I am pulling for you that it will be the cure.  I too am considering this treatment and have followed your posts to see what you can share with all of us.   I think we live in the same area and going to the same treatment center…….so I am very interested in your experience.  Good luck to you and I wish you all the best and feel strongly that you are in good hands and pray this will be a turning point in the treatment of melanoma.  Please know you are close in mind and heart and there are many unknowns that send you positive thoughts your way.  Keep us posted to your journey!  Best wishes…….Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                        Participant

Been thinking of you a lot Troy…..as you said you would be going to NIH for the TIL therapy the end of May.   My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family and I am pulling for you that it will be the cure.  I too am considering this treatment and have followed your posts to see what you can share with all of us.   I think we live in the same area and going to the same treatment center…….so I am very interested in your experience.  Good luck to you and I wish you all the best and feel strongly that you are in good hands and pray this will be a turning point in the treatment of melanoma.  Please know you are close in mind and heart and there are many unknowns that send you positive thoughts your way.  Keep us posted to your journey!  Best wishes…….Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                          Participant

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics