The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

put this one in the win column

Forums General Melanoma Community put this one in the win column

Participant
      3c, 4 LN removed.  1  year Opvido, proud to say it cost my insurer over $400,000 and 5 months after last treatment, NED.

thanks to obamacare that i could get insurance and it was affordable.

thanks to JPS FTW infusion clinic and the gang.

thanks for you all help here at PIP>

tim kaastad

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        tkoss
        Participant
          JPS? who , what? well its the county hospital where u go for gunshot wounds, car wrecks, indigent care

and this

Fort Worth’s JPS Named the Best Hospital in the Nation – D Magazine

its not unusual to go for a scan and see a deputy with a prisoner in shackles……but they  saved my life.

I could have gone to Texas Oncology but it seemed the 400 doc practice, at least at the partner level opposed Obamacare.  go figure. the AMA once opposed Medicaid. Docs are political creatures too.

soonerjenn14
          Participant
            Tim!!! Congrats!!! So glad to hear you’ve made it! You’re an inspiration to us all! I’m so happy for you!!!

Doesn’t matter what hospital as long as you got good results. That is what matters!

Continue to keep us updated. Take care!

Jenn

Bubbles
            Participant
              Glad you are doing well, TKOSS!!!  We’ll take all the wins!  Enjoy.  celeste
              MelMel
              Participant
                Congratulations! It appears you just hit the jackpot. Enjoy every minute of it.

Optivo is Optivo regardless who administers it or where it is given. It will either work, or not or one falls in the inbetween stage.

May you continue to be NED for years to come!

Melanie

soonerjenn14
                Participant
                  Tim,

Great news and congrats! This is definitely one for the win column!! I’m still hoping to join you soon, I have an appointment with the surgical oncologist next week to discuss lymph node and what’s left of ol’ Fred (my non-affectionate name for the mole that started this mess) resection. I’m ready for it; currently on targeted therapy, started with Braftovi/Mektovi but I couldn’t tolerate it so moved to Tafinlar/Mekinist at half dosage and I seem to be doing somewhat better.

Go Sooners! 🙂 Take care and enjoy the NED life!!

Jenn

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics