The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Purchasing drugs out of a trial setting?

Forums General Melanoma Community Purchasing drugs out of a trial setting?

Participant

This sounds really crazy but has anyone heard of ones purchasing braf inhibitors online? Im think my dad is eligible for any trials and therefore is basically left to die. I know that if they had given him the MEK maybe there would be chance or more time. I found a company that sells Dabrafenib PLX-4032 1000mg $2,900.00 and a MEK inhibitor for a similar price. Is this extreme and I'm getting deluded or has anyone thought about this possibility?

Thanks

Nahmi from Melbourne

This sounds really crazy but has anyone heard of ones purchasing braf inhibitors online? Im think my dad is eligible for any trials and therefore is basically left to die. I know that if they had given him the MEK maybe there would be chance or more time. I found a company that sells Dabrafenib PLX-4032 1000mg $2,900.00 and a MEK inhibitor for a similar price. Is this extreme and I'm getting deluded or has anyone thought about this possibility?

Thanks

Nahmi from Melbourne

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

I don't know that I'd trust any company selling these drugs out of a trial setting. How would you know you're actually getting the drug and that the company isn't out to take advantage of people in a desperate situation? 

Linny
          Participant

I don't know that I'd trust any company selling these drugs out of a trial setting. How would you know you're actually getting the drug and that the company isn't out to take advantage of people in a desperate situation? 

Linny
            Participant

LynnLuc
              Participant

Have you considered bringing him stateside? I know Moffitt Cancer Center has many people coming from foreign countries for melanoma treatment.

LynnLuc
                  Participant

PS  you would still need your doctor to prescribe it even if you purchased it on line.

LynnLuc
                    Participant

PS  you would still need your doctor to prescribe it even if you purchased it on line.

LynnLuc
                      Participant

Linny
                        Participant

You're right, Lynn! That thought didn't even occur to me. surprise

Nahmi, Johns Hopkins is also excellent. When I've gone for my shots, I've met people from as far away as Argentina.

Go to http : // www . hopkins medicine . org/ and you'll see a link for international patients (remove the spaces and then copy and paste the link to your browser. The link to Johns Hopkins is triggering the spam filter so I can't post a direct link for you.

deardad
                          Participant

Hi thanks for al responses, I don't think my dad will travel to the US for treatment. This company that sells these drugs is called Active BioChem. I too am a sceptical but just feel that since he has been on Temador it has done nothing. We haven't had scans yet but he has a new visible lesion on the skin and the other old ones are not shrinking. It's kind of our last chance here since there are so few options in Australia trial wise once you have brain mets. I have even thought about Zelboraf reinduction since we have about a month supply left since he progressed.

Suppose like any one else watching a loved one go through this you just want to do what ever you can to give them more time.

Thanks again

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                            Participant

Hi thanks for al responses, I don't think my dad will travel to the US for treatment. This company that sells these drugs is called Active BioChem. I too am a sceptical but just feel that since he has been on Temador it has done nothing. We haven't had scans yet but he has a new visible lesion on the skin and the other old ones are not shrinking. It's kind of our last chance here since there are so few options in Australia trial wise once you have brain mets. I have even thought about Zelboraf reinduction since we have about a month supply left since he progressed.

Suppose like any one else watching a loved one go through this you just want to do what ever you can to give them more time.

Thanks again

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                              Participant

Thanks again

Nahmi from Melbourne

Linny
                                Participant

Nahmi, Johns Hopkins is also excellent. When I've gone for my shots, I've met people from as far away as Argentina.

Go to http : // www . hopkins medicine . org/ and you'll see a link for international patients (remove the spaces and then copy and paste the link to your browser. The link to Johns Hopkins is triggering the spam filter so I can't post a direct link for you.

Linny
                                  Participant

LynnLuc
                                  Participant

Have you considered bringing him stateside? I know Moffitt Cancer Center has many people coming from foreign countries for melanoma treatment.

LynnLuc
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics