The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Possible recurrence from 1a

Forums General Melanoma Community Possible recurrence from 1a

Participant
      Hello,

My name is Chris and I have never posted here, though have lurked around for a bit. I am 33 and had a very thin (almost in situ) melanoma removed from my forearm area a couple of years ago.

A couple of months ago, I noticed a small bb sized nodule about 1 inch from my WLE scar, heading “up” my arm. Since then I have had an ultrasound and MRI – the prior detecting a heterogenous hypo echoic nodule, and the latter detecting absolutely nothing.

I am scheduled to have it removed by a melanoma surgeon in a month. I’m really not sure of what it could be other than melanoma, but who knows. It is moveable and painless. There are no palpable clusters of lymph nodes in the area.

I will update on this forum with the results, should anyone have a similar situation and take interest.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          Hopefully the pathology will come back as clear. Just wanted you to know that we waiting with you.
            Chris
            Participant
              Thank you very much Judi. I really appreciate the reply. Should have results by end of April, and will update then.
            lovepuppy
            Participant
              Hi Chris, I recently had a surgery for 1A melanoma on my thigh and they got clean borders but I worry a little about the future. Please keep us posted sending positive thoughts your way.
              Chris
              Participant
                Hi Judy and Lovepuppy (and others).

I had an excision of the bb sized lump about a week and a half ago. I was told today at my post op appt. that the lump was a benign collection of nerve endings that may have accumulated due to the original surgery. Kind of strange, as it occurred 1 inch from the WLE, but that’s what they said. I thank God for my life today and send love to everyone who has had/has Mel. Thank you for creating a safe space for me to bring this to the table. I love you all.

Chris

lovepuppy
                Participant
                  Chris,

I’m very happy to hear your good news! It’s very relevant to what I’m noticing on my leg post surgery. I have a weird lump that seems to be part of the post op affect. I’m seeing my doctor next week to verify if this is typical.

Pat

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics