The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Possible In transit met??

Forums General Melanoma Community Possible In transit met??

Participant

Hi all!

14 month post WLE and CLND.  Stage 3a.   Was followed up with pretty closely the last year.  Last PET was June.  A little "hot spot" appeared in the outside of my calf about 6 inches above/ right of my WLE.  Had an MRI and was told they thought it was nothing.  A couple of weeks ago I started to notice a pea size lump in that spot.  Anyone here have any experience with intransit mets and any insight to offer?  

Thanks much!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant
          I don’t have any experience with in transit or subcutaneous lesions but would definitely let your oncologist know and they will probably want to biopsy it.

Best,

Raeofsonshine
            Participant

Thanks! Yes I went in yesterday and THANK GOD my surgical oncologist said "let's take it out" so that I would know and not have the worry.  Upon removal he stated it looks like a lipoma but of course will biopsy to confirm.  A few days of angst until we confirm but I can handle that.  Here's to thinking nothign but good thoughts!

MovingOn
            Participant

Knees and elbows can light up in a PET scan just from normal movement before the scan. They will frequently look for a difference between right/left if they light up. So yours may have just been the knee lighting up from walking before the scan. However, if you feel something then definitely get it checked asap.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics