The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Positive Post Friday

Forums General Melanoma Community Positive Post Friday

Participant

It has been just over 7 months since clinical diagnosis at stage III.  The radiology report below (condensed and sometimes in my words as I edited it) is from my PET/Ct scan 2 weeks ago.  A little background first.  Braf + had me on Taf/Mek until my onc didn't like some side effects I was having.  Switched to Zelboraf/Cotellic for 45 days with different but worse side effects. Went back on Taf/Mek. Pet/Ct at end of March showed increased tumor load and my move to Stage IV.  I started on the ipi/nivo drip on April 5th and was able to tolerate all 4 scheduled infusions with typical side effects.

Interval resolution with 5 mm lesion within Rt T11 vertebral body.

Interval resolution within the L5 vertebral body.

HYPER METABOLIC LEFT INGUINAL LYMPH NODE 5MM stable compared to prior scan. Onc thinks it'snot cancerous.

No new evidence in lower extremities.

Interval resolution of the left superior mediastinum hypermetabolic lymphadenopathy (ascending aorta).  Cardiac size and pericardium are within normal limits.

Significant interval decrease in size and hypermetabolic activity of the right infraclavicular and right axillary lymphadenopathy with the largest under the arm down to 1.5 x 1.2 cm from 4 x 3.6 cm.

Interval resolution of the 3 foci of hypermetabolic activity within the right hepatic lobe (liver).

Interval resolution of the left lower quadrant and mid abdominal mesenteric lymphadenopathy (small intestines).

Impression:  Overall, favorable response to treatment.

I just had my 2nd treatment of the maintenence dose of Opdivo yesterday.  Feeling pretty good today.  I encourage you all to keep fighting!

Todd

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

Hi Todd – That's excellent news, you've got it on the run now!! Thank you for sharing with us! Best wishes for continued success!!

Barb

Bubbles
          Participant

Hey Todd, 

Keep slugging!!  Looks like you are making progress!  Hang tough.  Yours, celeste

Jubes
            Participant

Hi tod. We love hearing this kind of good news. Thanks

Jubes
              Participant

Hi tod. We love hearing this kind of good news. Thanks

DZnDef
                Participant

Bethany's for sharing this great news with everyone here, Todd.  And congratulations!

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics