The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Phew – looks like good news

Forums General Melanoma Community Phew – looks like good news

Participant
      I had scans today, 5 months into Dabrafenib, and was really scared as I had discovered a lump in my left armpit last week. I was shaking as I pulled out the scan report and read it, and it said everything was stable!! “No axillary lymphadenopathy” and all other measured lymph nodes either the same size or slightly smaller, all organs including brain clear. So it is a mystery what this lump in my left axilla is, all I can think of is that I’ve been doing some gym workouts for the last 4 weeks, and maybe there’s been some muscle strain leading to some sort of cyst or knot?

Will be seeing my oncologist tomorrow to go over the scans and get him to feel the lump, but I would have thought the radiologist would have reported on it if it was anything suspicious.

Hoping and praying that Dabrafenib keeps on working a bit longer!

Wishing strength and good health to all you warriors out there,
      Ally

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

I'm so glad to hear that everything looks stable. But definitely ask your oncologist about that lump.

Linny
          Participant

I'm so glad to hear that everything looks stable. But definitely ask your oncologist about that lump.

Linny
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                Congrats Ally! It’s so hard, The wondering and waiting sometimes, and the confusing reports. So glad for your good scan and will keep you in my thoughts for many more!

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant
                  Congrats Ally! It’s so hard, The wondering and waiting sometimes, and the confusing reports. So glad for your good scan and will keep you in my thoughts for many more!

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

aldakota22
                    Participant

Happy that you are stable.Will keep you in my praers that the lump is only a muscle pull.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Happy that you are stable.Will keep you in my praers that the lump is only a muscle pull.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

AllyNTAus
                          Participant

Thanks everyone, I saw my melanoma oncologist yesterday, he felt around for the lump and had trouble finding it (as did I, it seems to have gone down a bit) but did eventually feel it, he was not concerned particularly in light of the good scans. We did talk about other treatment options including alternative trials and I left feeling reassured that if I do get bad news at any stage in the future there are still some other options out there for me.

awillett1991
                              Participant
                                Great Ally! Thanks for sharing!
                                awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  awillett1991
                                  Participant
                                  AllyNTAus
                                  Participant

Thanks everyone, I saw my melanoma oncologist yesterday, he felt around for the lump and had trouble finding it (as did I, it seems to have gone down a bit) but did eventually feel it, he was not concerned particularly in light of the good scans. We did talk about other treatment options including alternative trials and I left feeling reassured that if I do get bad news at any stage in the future there are still some other options out there for me.

AllyNTAus
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics