The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET scan shows improvement

Forums General Melanoma Community PET scan shows improvement

Participant
      My July 15 PET/CT scan shows improvement. In March 2016 I had melanoma in many bones. That bone cancer is gone. In April 2018 I had radiation to a tumor under my left jaw. I began immunotherapy in November 2015. If my melanoma does not progress, my oncologist plans to stop immunotherapy in May 2020 when I will have received immunotherapy for 4 1/2 years and have been stable or better for 2 years.

from PET scan 7/15/2019:

Head/Neck: There is a small focus of mildly increased uptake again noted in the left parapharyngeal region. This is less intense when compared to the previous examination of 3/6/2019. At that time the peak SUV was 3.2 and now it is 2.6. This corresponds to what was thought to be a necrotic left parapharyngeal lymph node on an MRI dated 5/3/2018. No other areas of abnormal uptake are seen.

Skeletal: No abnormal uptake is seen. There are scattered areas of sclerosis in the spine and ribs unchanged the previous examination of 3/6/2019 and likely represent treated metastatic disease.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Oh Heck Ya Ed! You know we both have followed eachothers progress, we both have had the same topline treatments,,, the pembro, the ipi with the nivo, of course your tumors have responded much better then i have (you know my current story) and im truelly happy for you Ed, good deal!…have a good weekend, great way to end a week huh?!! With good news?…
            Mark_DC
            Participant
              Well done Edwin, am glad too to hear some good news
              And Mike, am thinking of and hoping for you too
              Best wishes Mark
            lkb
            Participant
              Congrats, Edwin! Wishing you sustained success with your treatments. Also, dreamy to have an end date. Yes.
                DoubleTT
                Participant
                  Very Happy for you Edwin!!!!
                  Tracey DoubleTT
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  Excellent, Edwin! May 2020 here he comes!!! c
                  MarkR
                  Participant
                    Great news congratulations and hopefully that will be the end of treatment for you in a few months
                    Best wishes
                    Mark
                Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics