The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pet Scan results and next steps

Forums General Melanoma Community Pet Scan results and next steps

Participant

Yesterday I recieved my PET CT results from U of M and although I do not know exactly the FDG uptake ( I was at work when Dr. Lao called me and a little thrown off),  the 3 lung nodules all had uptake and Dr. Lao finally admitted that he thinks that they are metastisis and wants a biopsy.  Scarily he said that a portion of my esophagus also lit up but that it could be just inflammation?  He had already talked to interventional radiology and they declined to do a needle biopsy so he wants to schedule me for a wedge resection.  I have read others posts about that procedure and I feel ok about it. 

I imagine that I will meet with onc after the biopsy results and if positive will make treatment decisions.  In a weird way I am glad that I finally will be able to DO SOMETHING about this invader in my body other than just trying to be healthy and keep on keeping on (and of course the neck dissection..)

I am nervous, I am confused but I have here to work it all out and for that I am thankful.

Peggy

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mamapegela
        Participant

I don't understand how I keep posting anonymously without meaning to…

Mamapegela
          Participant

debwray
              Participant

Hi Peggy,

Really sorry to hear that news. Best wishes for the next set of diagnostics and hope they get you on treatment  promptly. The waiting is really hard to deal with along with all the uncertainty .Will cross my fingers for best possible results from the investigations.

Good luck

Deb

Mamapegela
                Participant

Thank you Deb.  Waiting is definately the hardest part.  I appreciate your thoughts and good wishes!

Peg

Mamapegela
                  Participant

Thank you Deb.  Waiting is definately the hardest part.  I appreciate your thoughts and good wishes!

Peg

Mamapegela
                    Participant

Peg

Mamapegela
                      Participant

Peg

Mamapegela
                        Participant

Peg

Mamapegela
                          Participant

Peg

debwray
                            Participant

Hi Peggy,

Really sorry to hear that news. Best wishes for the next set of diagnostics and hope they get you on treatment  promptly. The waiting is really hard to deal with along with all the uncertainty .Will cross my fingers for best possible results from the investigations.

Good luck

Deb

debwray
                              Participant

Hi Peggy,

Good luck

Deb

youngann
                                Participant

So sorry for your recent results – that's not what anyj of us want to here.

As regards to how you keep posting Anon, when creating a new topic, you should click "Create A New Topic". I believe you are clicking "Create A New Topic Anonymously"

Good luck,

Ann

Mamapegela
                                  Participant

Thanks Ann- I see now that's what I have been doing… tech challanged I guess ๐Ÿ™‚

Peg

Mamapegela
                                    Participant

Thanks Ann- I see now that's what I have been doing… tech challanged I guess ๐Ÿ™‚

Peg

Mamapegela
                                      Participant

Peg

youngann
                                        Participant

As regards to how you keep posting Anon, when creating a new topic, you should click "Create A New Topic". I believe you are clicking "Create A New Topic Anonymously"

Good luck,

Ann

youngann
                                          Participant

Good luck,

Ann

Mamapegela
                                          Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics