The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

pet scan negative

Forums General Melanoma Community pet scan negative

Participant

I just wanted to let you know those of you who doubt Interferron there is hope.  I had my first scan since my LND and interferron injections and it was negative.  I was told I took well to the interferron and my bloodwork and weight was back to normal…keep in mind I did not complete the year program I only did the high dose and three weeks of the low self injections  Thought I would share the good news with you all  .Good luck to each of you  NED for the first time since diagnosis.

I just wanted to let you know those of you who doubt Interferron there is hope.  I had my first scan since my LND and interferron injections and it was negative.  I was told I took well to the interferron and my bloodwork and weight was back to normal…keep in mind I did not complete the year program I only did the high dose and three weeks of the low self injections  Thought I would share the good news with you all  .Good luck to each of you  NED for the first time since diagnosis.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant

Great news!! My son also just had a negative pet scan after a year of interferon. Now we can enjoy the holidays!

Melanoma Mom
            Participant

Congrats! laugh

melanomafighter
              Participant

thank you melanoma mom love the smiley face…

melanomafighter
                Participant

thank you melanoma mom love the smiley face…

Melanoma Mom
                  Participant

Congrats! laugh

melanomafighter
                    Participant

Thank you for sharing, congrats to you and your son.  Yes we can enjoy the holidays I was glad I didn't have to make any more decisions or more surgery.  2011 has to be better than 2010.

melanomafighter
                      Participant

Thank you for sharing, congrats to you and your son.  Yes we can enjoy the holidays I was glad I didn't have to make any more decisions or more surgery.  2011 has to be better than 2010.

Becky
                      Participant

Great news!! My son also just had a negative pet scan after a year of interferon. Now we can enjoy the holidays!

LynnLuc
                        Participant

awesome news! congrats!

LynnLuc
                          Participant

awesome news! congrats!

Jaime.30
                            Participant

Congrats!  Great to hear some good news! 

melanomafighter
                                Participant

thank you its always nice to find good news on here.  I am so relieved.

melanomafighter
                                  Participant

thank you its always nice to find good news on here.  I am so relieved.

Jaime.30
                                  Participant

Congrats!  Great to hear some good news! 

lhaley
                                    Participant

Excited for you!! Keep up the good news!

Linda

Stage IV since 06, NED 3 months (scans tomorrow)

melanomafighter
                                        Participant

hi Linda, just now getting your message, hope your scans went well, let me know and take care….

melanomafighter
                                          Participant

hi Linda, just now getting your message, hope your scans went well, let me know and take care….

lhaley
                                          Participant

Excited for you!! Keep up the good news!

Linda

Stage IV since 06, NED 3 months (scans tomorrow)

himynameiskevin
                                            Participant

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ excellent news. congratulations.

melanomafighter
                                                Participant

Thank you and I love your motto, the sun does still shine…I have learned to make everyday count and remember whats important!  Take care

melanomafighter
                                                  Participant

Thank you and I love your motto, the sun does still shine…I have learned to make everyday count and remember whats important!  Take care

himynameiskevin
                                                  Participant

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ excellent news. congratulations.

Wendi Lynn
                                                    Participant

Whooo Hoooo!!!  Happy Holidays!  Enjoy them!

Wendi

melanomafighter
                                                        Participant

thank you Wendy, Happy Holidays to you to.

melanomafighter
                                                          Participant

thank you Wendy, Happy Holidays to you to.

Wendi Lynn
                                                          Participant

Whooo Hoooo!!!  Happy Holidays!  Enjoy them!

Wendi

bluepeople
                                                            Participant

Yay, that's good news.  Hubby just started interferon last week, so it gives us a little hope. 

Akilyn

melanomafighter
                                                                Participant

He is gonna do fine, and I am glad I could give hope and share…Good luck and take care…

melanomafighter
                                                                  Participant

He is gonna do fine, and I am glad I could give hope and share…Good luck and take care…

bluepeople
                                                                  Participant

Yay, that's good news.  Hubby just started interferon last week, so it gives us a little hope. 

Akilyn

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics