The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET scan clear – NED 4 months and counting! :D

Forums General Melanoma Community PET scan clear – NED 4 months and counting! :D

Participant

"Unremarkable PET CT examination from vertex to the skull through the lower extremities.

"Unremarkable PET CT examination from vertex to the skull through the lower extremities. No malignancy detected."

Oh yeah, we're doin' the cancer-free happy dance! The PET scan for our son was clear and while we are still waiting for the CT results, I am going with the assumption that it will be more great news.  Bloodwork is also perfect and hardly shows any effects from the continued Interferon therapy. Next up: routine check-up at Dana-Farber in April, as we haven't been there since December.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        AS123
        Participant
          Yes!!! So thrilled to read this news. I’m doing a happy dance for you down in NC!! Anne
          AS123
          Participant
            Yes!!! So thrilled to read this news. I’m doing a happy dance for you down in NC!! Anne
            kthekhal
            Participant

Yes – this is a fantastic moment to dance !

But also, beginning now – it will be apt to nourish your son with the right foods , nutrients & stay off the mid-day Sun (as much as possible).   Very important to make sure you do everything possible to prevent a relapse.

Don't rely too much on sun screens – just avoid the Sun.

Becky
                Participant

Great news! I know how nerve wracking it can be. I am sure the CT scan will be fine, too.

Go celebrate!

Becky

Becky
                  Participant

Great news! I know how nerve wracking it can be. I am sure the CT scan will be fine, too.

Go celebrate!

Becky

kthekhal
                  Participant

Yes – this is a fantastic moment to dance !

But also, beginning now – it will be apt to nourish your son with the right foods , nutrients & stay off the mid-day Sun (as much as possible).   Very important to make sure you do everything possible to prevent a relapse.

Don't rely too much on sun screens – just avoid the Sun.

Phil S
                    Participant

HOORAY!!!  So happy to hear the good news!  Have a wonderful day celebrating.             Valerie (Phil's Wife)

Phil S
                      Participant

HOORAY!!!  So happy to hear the good news!  Have a wonderful day celebrating.             Valerie (Phil's Wife)

Lauren mom to Jenna
                        Participant

Very happy to hear! 

Lauren (mom to Jenna)

Lauren mom to Jenna
                          Participant

Very happy to hear! 

Lauren (mom to Jenna)

James from Sydney
                            Participant

what great news, please pass on our good wishes to him from  down in Australia.

James

Laurie from maine
                                Participant

HOORAY!!! You must be dancing around and around yeah!!!  Thanks for posting so quickly and with such great news!

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                  Participant

HOORAY!!! You must be dancing around and around yeah!!!  Thanks for posting so quickly and with such great news!

laurie from maine

James from Sydney
                                  Participant

what great news, please pass on our good wishes to him from  down in Australia.

James

lhaley
                                    Participant

I'd say this is a call for a major celebration in your home!!  So happy for all of you! 

Linda

Stage IV stable

dawn dion
                                        Participant

Fabulous news – SOOOOOOO excited for you!  Can't wait till I am able to report the same news myself.   PARTY ON!!!

dawn dion
                                          Participant

Fabulous news – SOOOOOOO excited for you!  Can't wait till I am able to report the same news myself.   PARTY ON!!!

lhaley
                                          Participant

I'd say this is a call for a major celebration in your home!!  So happy for all of you! 

Linda

Stage IV stable

LynnLuc
                                            Participant

Great News!! Hoping continued NED and a very long life!!

LynnLuc
                                              Participant

Great News!! Hoping continued NED and a very long life!!

SusanE
                                                Participant

VERY VERY FANTASTIC news! So happy for your!

Susan wife of Jerry Stage III

SusanE
                                                  Participant

VERY VERY FANTASTIC news! So happy for your!

Susan wife of Jerry Stage III

Reservoir Dog
                                                    Participant

Hey there,

First, congrats on the wonderful news!  I can't imagine how difficult this process must be for a Mom…  which is why I'm writting.

I'm a 39 yr old male dealing w/ stage IIIa melanoma.  I adore my Mom and know she's been torn up about my treatments over the past couple years (Interferon, CT Scans, Pet Scans, 3 Excessions to cut out melanoma on my right cheek (face Cheek!).  I'm just curious to see how you are handling things…  and hence, how my Mom might be handling things?  Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated?

Lastly, good luck to your son.  Tell him to stay away from Milk and Sugar as much as he can.  Sugar feeds cancer and the mucous created from drinking milk… also feeds cancer. 

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Reservoir Dog
                                                      Participant

Hey there,

First, congrats on the wonderful news!  I can't imagine how difficult this process must be for a Mom…  which is why I'm writting.

I'm a 39 yr old male dealing w/ stage IIIa melanoma.  I adore my Mom and know she's been torn up about my treatments over the past couple years (Interferon, CT Scans, Pet Scans, 3 Excessions to cut out melanoma on my right cheek (face Cheek!).  I'm just curious to see how you are handling things…  and hence, how my Mom might be handling things?  Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated?

Lastly, good luck to your son.  Tell him to stay away from Milk and Sugar as much as he can.  Sugar feeds cancer and the mucous created from drinking milk… also feeds cancer. 

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics