The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pembro after ipi/nivo??

Forums General Melanoma Community Pembro after ipi/nivo??

Participant
      Is Pembro ever effective if ipi/nivo fails (new Mets appear during treatment)?
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Spl25
        Participant

Pembro and Nivo are very similar (although there is some evidence that Pembro binds to cells with greater affinity, makingit more effective) — the chances arent great, but I've heard of it working before, especially when combined with radiation or an intralesional therapy). If I were in your shoes, I'd look at a clinical trial or potentially a different treatment modality (radiation) before or in conjunction with Pembro. 

Christine.P
          Participant

I recently failed the ipi/nivo combo and nivo maintenance and my oncologist told me she would not try Keytruda (pembro). They were going to go with the vaccine (which is only appropriate if there are no mets to lungs, etc.) until I found out I am BRAF positive after all (long story). So, now I will be starting the Tak/Mef combo on Monday. 

If you are not BRAF positive, then a clinical trial might be worth looking into. Hopefully Ed and/or Celeste will respond wtih better information than I have. 

Wish you well….

smiller
              Participant

I would like to know what the Tak/Mef is…my husband is on Opdivo/Yervoy treatment (one more to go!). I keep seeing Tak/Mef for people who didn't respond wel lwith Opdivo/Yervoy, but I dont't see what that actually is!  Thanks for any info.

MichelleRHG
                Participant
                  Its for those who are BRAF +. A targeted approach. I have a different mutation so not eligible for it, but maybe your husband is.
                  ed williams
                  Participant

Hi Smiller, here is a link to a video that emails Targeted therapy and the drugs and current research. Best Wishes!!!Ed   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBcRHFGTyGs

Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics