The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PDL-1

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mat.
    Participant

Does anyone have the latest on the PDL1 (any updates on effectiveness or its ETA)?  In all the fanfare regarding approval of the anti PD-1 drugs, I've lost sight of the PDL-1, which was somewhat behind in the trials but in the same heat.   As I recall, the PD L-1 sets the blockade at a different place than the anti PD1 that in theory might be even more effective and have less side effects.  There were a couple of firms, including AstraZenica, that were racing to bring these to market.  Don't want to appear greedy, but it seems, many could use another option.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Hi G-Samsa, my best guess is that all the big pharma will report in June at ASCO. That way they get lots of press. I watched a presentation from Dr. Omid Hamid from The Angeles Clinic where he talked about several new trials with  both Inhibitory and Activating receptors being targeted. Some examples were Lag-3, Tim-3 , Gitr and OX40. Some in combinations with Pd-1 drugs, where from what I have read is where the big break throughs will hopefully be. The video with Dr. Omid Hamid was called " Future therapies for Melanoma" Symposium 2014. Have a nice day!!! Ed

G-Samsa
            Participant

Thanks Ed –I suspect you're right about ASCO setting the pace…The trials you mentioned seem like they were at Such an early stage.   Was wondering if any of the promising compounds we'd heard so much about over the past couple of years like PDL-1, IDO and some others might come to market in the nearer term–adding to our arsenal.

G-Samsa
              Participant

Thanks Ed –I suspect you're right about ASCO setting the pace…The trials you mentioned seem like they were at Such an early stage.   Was wondering if any of the promising compounds we'd heard so much about over the past couple of years like PDL-1, IDO and some others might come to market in the nearer term–adding to our arsenal.

G-Samsa
                Participant

ed williams
                Participant

Hi G-Samsa, my best guess is that all the big pharma will report in June at ASCO. That way they get lots of press. I watched a presentation from Dr. Omid Hamid from The Angeles Clinic where he talked about several new trials with  both Inhibitory and Activating receptors being targeted. Some examples were Lag-3, Tim-3 , Gitr and OX40. Some in combinations with Pd-1 drugs, where from what I have read is where the big break throughs will hopefully be. The video with Dr. Omid Hamid was called " Future therapies for Melanoma" Symposium 2014. Have a nice day!!! Ed

ed williams
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics