The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PD1 update on me.Up coming scans.8 1/2 years stg IV!!

Forums General Melanoma Community PD1 update on me.Up coming scans.8 1/2 years stg IV!!

Participant

First, I want to say Happy New Year to all. I am incredibly grateful to be alive here at the beginning of 2014. When I entered stage IV in 2005, that was a pretty unlikely scenario, so I thank God for each day I am gifted with.

I started Merck's PD1 back in July, initial scans showed a whopping 67% shrinkage! Next scans 6 weeks later were stable with no changes. I will be having scans again on the 12th of January. I am feeling pretty well overall. Biggest issue has been when my thryroid quit entirely, and that has caused some major fatigue, but synthroid is bringing levels back up, and I am def doing better. I do have quite a bit of vitiligo on face and arms; halos around many moles.Eyelashes and brows turning white. I am trusting the Lord with the outcome, but do feel a little anxious about the upcoming scans since the previous ones had no shrinkage at all. My days are in His hands, and I am thankful… so very thankful for all the years He has blessed me with. I will turn 50 this year in April and there never was a woman more happy to be hitting the big five-o.

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Jan 2002, and melanoma in March of 02 … our kiddos were still so young ( 2,5,10,11 and 14) and I was only 37. When I had that first mel recurrence in 2005, I knew my days could be short with my precious family. Thanking the Lord that now our children are 14,17,22,23 and 26 and I am glad for each extra day with them and with my wonderful hubby of 30 years. May each day of this New Year be one you cherish, and make memories with loved ones. Some days are much more trying than others for each of us, and this is not an easy road… but, as I look back, I have so many amazing wonderful memories of blessed days by the scores over these past 12 years since my initial diagnosis.

With a thankful heart, and wishes for a blessed New Year for each of you,

Tina

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Well said Tina.  Praying for more good news for you on the 12th.

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Thank you so much for the inspiration Tina. I started stage 4 last June 2013.

Erinmay22
              Participant

Tina –

So great to hear your update!!! I had my 3 month scans Dec 27th!  Basically showed stable disease and nothing new.  Honestly, the May, Jul, Sept, and Dec have showed very little shirnkage or movement (no growth or anything new so I'm counting my blessings!).  I kind of wonder if maybe I did a PET scan it might show activity and they are there just dont light up?  who knows.  

Have fatigue also and chronic sinus infeciton it seems.  My thyroid hasn't quite but everytime it seems to get lower and lower on the range!  I am getting the low dose of Merck's drug every 3 weeks!

Here's positive thoughts your way!!

Erin

Erinmay22
                Participant

Tina –

So great to hear your update!!! I had my 3 month scans Dec 27th!  Basically showed stable disease and nothing new.  Honestly, the May, Jul, Sept, and Dec have showed very little shirnkage or movement (no growth or anything new so I'm counting my blessings!).  I kind of wonder if maybe I did a PET scan it might show activity and they are there just dont light up?  who knows.  

Have fatigue also and chronic sinus infeciton it seems.  My thyroid hasn't quite but everytime it seems to get lower and lower on the range!  I am getting the low dose of Merck's drug every 3 weeks!

Erin

Erinmay22
                  Participant

Tina –

Erin

arthurjedi007
                    Participant

arthurjedi007
                      Participant

BrianP
                      Participant

BrianP
                        Participant

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

I keep looking for that NED, but have been hanging around with Stable most of the time since 2007.  Hopefully you have necrotic tissue and not active tumors.  Hoping for further reduction on next scans for you.

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

I keep looking for that NED, but have been hanging around with Stable most of the time since 2007.  Hopefully you have necrotic tissue and not active tumors.  Hoping for further reduction on next scans for you.

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

kpcollins31
                                Participant

Congratulations, Tina – breast cancer and melanoma back-to-back diagnoses… talk about a double whammy. Each day is truly a blessing. I wish you the best on your upcoming scans.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                  Participant

Congratulations, Tina – breast cancer and melanoma back-to-back diagnoses… talk about a double whammy. Each day is truly a blessing. I wish you the best on your upcoming scans.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                    Participant

Kevin

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics