The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PD1 after Ipi – Experiences?

Forums General Melanoma Community PD1 after Ipi – Experiences?

Participant

I'm getting ready to start PD1 on Monday.  Had biopsy and new scans taken yesterday (still haven't heard how much my scans have changed in the last 4 weeks…).  

Curious to hear from folks that took Ipi and failed and then took pd1?  What type of results did you see?  I know I've read a number of different things…  

I'm getting ready to start PD1 on Monday.  Had biopsy and new scans taken yesterday (still haven't heard how much my scans have changed in the last 4 weeks…).  

Curious to hear from folks that took Ipi and failed and then took pd1?  What type of results did you see?  I know I've read a number of different things…  
    Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        audgator
        Participant

My mets grew on ipi and have been shrinking since I started PD1.  I'm into the every-3-months phase now. I wish you the best of responses.   Dan

audgator
          Participant

My mets grew on ipi and have been shrinking since I started PD1.  I'm into the every-3-months phase now. I wish you the best of responses.   Dan

audgator
            Participant

POW
              Participant

Dr. Gibney at Moffitt told me the other day that they are now limiting anti-PD-1 clinical trials to people who have already tried ipi. I don't know why, but I assume that anti-PD-1 works well after ipi, maybe even better than before ipi. 

Erinmay22
                  Participant

thanks guys!  just curious what folks experiences have been so far.  This will be my 3rd treatment I'm trying!  Ready to get started.  The trial nurse did say they are hoping this can be a 1-2 punch with ipi.  The other arms of the trial that I'm in combine ipi and pd1.  But since I've already had it I'll just do the pd1 arm of it.

I'll keep you posted.  

Erinmay22
                    Participant

thanks guys!  just curious what folks experiences have been so far.  This will be my 3rd treatment I'm trying!  Ready to get started.  The trial nurse did say they are hoping this can be a 1-2 punch with ipi.  The other arms of the trial that I'm in combine ipi and pd1.  But since I've already had it I'll just do the pd1 arm of it.

I'll keep you posted.  

Erinmay22
                      Participant

I'll keep you posted.  

Erinmay22
                        Participant

FYI – found out the results of my scan today!! Since Dec 18th the tumor (lymph node) has shrunk! From 3.7 cm to 2.8 cm! and still nothing new! The best news is that they are still going to allow me in the pd1 clinical trial! First dose on Monday!

Erinmay22
                          Participant

FYI – found out the results of my scan today!! Since Dec 18th the tumor (lymph node) has shrunk! From 3.7 cm to 2.8 cm! and still nothing new! The best news is that they are still going to allow me in the pd1 clinical trial! First dose on Monday!

awillett1991
                            Participant
                              Yay!!! Go Erin!! Best news I’ve heard all day!!

Have a great weekend – I know you will!

awillett1991
                              Participant

awillett1991
                                Participant

Tina D
                                  Participant

YAY!! Amy told me you had gotten good news, so I had to come find it πŸ™‚  . This is fantastic all the way around. So So happy! Enjoy your weekend!!

Tina

Erinmay22
                                    Participant

Tina – thanks!!  πŸ™‚  Hope you're having a great weekend!

Erinmay22
                                      Participant

Erinmay22
                                        Participant

Tina D
                                          Participant

YAY!! Amy told me you had gotten good news, so I had to come find it πŸ™‚  . This is fantastic all the way around. So So happy! Enjoy your weekend!!

Tina

Tina D
                                            Participant

Tina

Erinmay22
                                              Participant

POW
                                                Participant

Erin, that's wonderful news! Actually, BOTH pieces of news– the shrinking tumors AND the PD-1!! Praying for your best response yet!

POW
                                                  Participant

Erin, that's wonderful news! Actually, BOTH pieces of news– the shrinking tumors AND the PD-1!! Praying for your best response yet!

POW
                                                    Participant

POW
                                                    Participant

Dr. Gibney at Moffitt told me the other day that they are now limiting anti-PD-1 clinical trials to people who have already tried ipi. I don't know why, but I assume that anti-PD-1 works well after ipi, maybe even better than before ipi. 

POW
                                                      Participant

Erinlisay38
                                                        Participant
                                                          Hi I had Ippi didn’t respond every tumor grew a lot and now have a few new I just had scans blood work and biopsy done last week to get on the PD1 trial I’m just waiting on the call to tell me when I can start I’m getting nervous because I can actually feel changes tumors growing hopeful this may be the answer for us who have failed for the most part on Ipp
                                                            Erinlisay38
                                                            Participant
                                                              So update I start my pd1 tomorrow 11:30 am Yay fingers and toes crossed for this treatment to work πŸ™‚
                                                              Erinlisay38
                                                              Participant
                                                                So update I start my pd1 tomorrow 11:30 am Yay fingers and toes crossed for this treatment to work πŸ™‚
                                                                Erinlisay38
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Erinlisay38
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Sandy11
                                                                    Participant

Hi Erin,

My husband started IPI a couple of months after you.  He has numerous lung mets and the most recent scan shows possible mets just outside his pancreas.  The good news, growth rate on the lung mets appear to have slowed… not shrunk, but slowed down a bit.  We'll take it.  He has a follow up scan to verify the new activity in March.  We had wondered about a possible "next step".  Sounds like PD1 has potential for better results.  Thanks for paving the way and the best of success to you.

Sandy11
                                                                      Participant

Hi Erin,

My husband started IPI a couple of months after you.  He has numerous lung mets and the most recent scan shows possible mets just outside his pancreas.  The good news, growth rate on the lung mets appear to have slowed… not shrunk, but slowed down a bit.  We'll take it.  He has a follow up scan to verify the new activity in March.  We had wondered about a possible "next step".  Sounds like PD1 has potential for better results.  Thanks for paving the way and the best of success to you.

Sandy11
                                                                        Participant

Hi Erin,

Erinlisay38
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Erinlisay38
                                                                            Participant
                                                                            Erinlisay38
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Hi I had Ippi didn’t respond every tumor grew a lot and now have a few new I just had scans blood work and biopsy done last week to get on the PD1 trial I’m just waiting on the call to tell me when I can start I’m getting nervous because I can actually feel changes tumors growing hopeful this may be the answer for us who have failed for the most part on Ipp
                                                                              Erinlisay38
                                                                              Participant
                                                                            Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics